Wtf?

MazdaMomma

Ok, am having an issure with the cd player in the chevy.

It will play store bought cd's no problem and it used to play my recorded cd's without a problem. Now all of a sudden, it won't play my recorded cd's.

It will spit the cd out a hundred times before it will keep it and play it. Always gives me the "check cd" message on the display. Is really making me angry.... :mad:

You guys have any ideas what could be the problem?

what do you record it with ?( how are you making these cds?) see if its the cds first , I know sometimes the smallest scratch can effect it. Also Get some can air and use it in the cd player / or a disc cleaning cd. If you do all of these things only thing left would be that I can thing of would be there is a short on the radio it's self. My older pioneer started doing this. Also (I know this is long) you may need to check what brand cd your using and see if there is an issue there. If this continues then an answer would be an aftermarket head unit. ( I also recommend doing this any way to get better sound quality and a lot easier with cds since now they up to par.

recorded it on my puter with windows media player and it always played fine.

it plays the pre recorded cd's IE Disturbed or Linkin Park etc...

no scratches at all and was working fine til the damn problem with the HID on the right side of the car... not sure the two are connected

Could be a wiring issue ..maybe I would have to look at the schematics I wonder if they are online

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW

It seems to be the cds from what I have found. Try going to a lower quality ... the thing is the only way that the HIDs would effect it would be from an unstable ground or from the battery. Try using 1x-4x single use cd (CD-R). This is the only thing left that I could find out.

Also reset you radio... maybe it needs it memory erased , i know that has worked in the past

Stock radios wont read a CD if there is the "Song Info" on it and they have to be CD-R not CD-RW. I dont think the HID's are connected cause then it wouldnt play store bought CD's either.

The cd player has played this cd for more than a year with no problems. when the light problem began, the cd problem started.

Light problem is fixed and damn cd player is playing my cds again? wtf?

This is a known issue; CD players being reluctant to play homemade CDs. I've experienced it both in the Blaupunkt Xedos headunit and the rather brilliant but oldish Denon garage CD player. Which is often able after warming up. For some reason my redicilously cheap Pioneer DVD player is able to play just about anything thrown at it, including scratched discs. My theory regarding reasons is that the pattern read by the laser beam is less visible/ readable on homemade discs. Which again can become an occasional problem.

Cure? It is definitely not a wiring issue, as it is able to play other discs. My best bet is to dismantle the player and clean the laser lens with a Q-tip dipped in a*l*c*o*h*o*l. It might be possible through the slot but I doubt it. Good luck!