Jdubs System Design #2 Coming Up

Jdubs99

I was wasting time at work the other day and had an idea. The system i designed currently is tailored to get the maximum output with as little weight as possible. I realized that I could replace ALL the weight of the enclosure, and flushpanels, while also freeing up the space I lost. I've mostly been biased toward performance in my customization in the past. I realized that the 01-02 Millenia has the unique ability to mount a bigger, free-air sub where the 8" Bose sub once resided. It just so happens that the Infinity Perfect series of subs have 3 options of "Q" or response based upon enclosure type. When my Milly is back from the dealership I'm going to gut the rear and see if it possible to modify the rear deck to accomodate my 12" sub for Low-Q. If so, I will be reinforcing the factory cut out with 3/4" MDF, more Dynamat Xtreme, and dropping it in.

By my estimation, I should lose about 50 pounds from the rear of my milly, gain some low bass extension, increased MPG, more weight transfer to the center, and better cornering ability.

My panels, sub, and enclosure will be for sale if the 12" doesn't work as I will replace it with a 10".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't had time to test fit the 12 yet, I'm doubting it will fit. Bogged down with writing papers and finals right now. I might have time to get this done in January.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Done. I ended up cutting some sheetmetal from around the factory sub opening, making a bracket to mount underneath, and mounting the 12" to the bracket. VERY nice low end response at the expense of db. As i figured, i'm getting some rattles now from the rear deck lid. Gomma have to get some foam tape to get rid of it. Pics tommorow.

• 3 months later...