Drm Rant

Jdubs99

It blows my mind that if you pay .99 for a song, that unless you have the original software installed that you purchased the music from, the music isn't considered to be yours. I had to redownload Napster tonight to use music that I paid for. The music industry would have a better chance of not getting ripped off if they would adjust to the market, instead of trying to control it. I'm shocked they've been suing consumers, way to take a bad image and make it worse.

DRM rant off, the new Amazon music service has no DRM although more expensive than my typical Uzbekistan music supplier. More than 2 million songs, and 180,000 artist. Fuck Napster.

you know jdubs, there are DRM stripper programs out there.....

I can't stand napster, it may have alot, but if you cancel the service shit stops working, so unless you keep it forever....

itunes is a piece of shit, first of all alot of stuff isn't there because artists don't want it there, and its hella expensive, at 99 cents a song I would have shelled out like 2k by now.

and artists need to shut the fuck up, you never make money from albumbs, you make it from touring, and the more people hear the music the more people go to concerts, I bet if you ran a study general concert attendence is up by atleast 15-20% over the past 15 years, making them record profits, and since everyone is fake and engineered there really aren't true one-hit wonders anymore.

If nothing eles, lets say 1 million people an album for 12 bucks (after that big lawsuit where prices were fixed since they reached like 22) so thats 12 million dollars, and the artist gets maybe 3-4 million.

Yet if 18 million people download a song at 99 cents....

Agreed, but I'm trying to keep my music legal and virus free.

www.mp3search.ru is doing a good job

Amazon is doing well for songs I lost from Napster and Bearshare, although at a higher cost.

A piece of advice, never do business with Bearshare.

Agreed, but I'm trying to keep my music legal and virus free.

www.mp3search.ru is doing a good job

Amazon is doing well for songs I lost from Napster and Bearshare, although at a higher cost.

A piece of advice, never do business with Bearshare.

Well theres your problem, you can download it legally, then strip off the DRM later

yea, but DRM stripers put the audio through yet another washing process. I can already tell a difference in what I've already downloaded.

sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, depending how good the original file was.

if you start at 320kbps then your perfectly fine, getting into the 180 or so it may be a problem

but there are things like oh say.... nutrition - skyline dreamer, the blake potter remix that is so hella rare its not even funny, so I deal with it

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...