Hidplanet.com Thread About Hid Kits

Ikstej24

Post by haknslash on HIDPlanet.com

I was doing some searching and found some GREAT videos to show all those people who swear kits don't have glare or they are better than stock halogen. Here is the proof:

the first video is great because not only does he have one HID kit in one headlight and the other stock to show good differences but you can also tell just how much glare you get. Also notice that the halogen side is actually puting out more useable light on the GROUND, where it counts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcX63e7peV0...;search=Hidding

Check out this HORRIBLE narrow beam pattern. Notice how blue and stupid everything looks. Smurf-style y0!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4RdiDP0wfs...;search=Hidding

Mmmm glare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnfAUWp-ck...;search=Hidding

Enjoy, now get to spreading these video links haha Applause

I will still take the brightness of the HIDs I have over the stock halogen set up, I do get flashed a lot from oncoming cars thinking I have the HIGHs on. But I have a projector set up, not just an HID kit in reflector style heads. But I can see better what is in front of me, and the brightness seems to keep the mindless from pulling in front of me, since it is more noticeable. As for blueness, they were likely not 4300Ks... :shifty:

:shifty: and yes I am considering a refit of my stock ones too... just to see what I can do. I want to toy with them, since they are sitting in the basement collecting dust... and do not want to sell them.

Once I figure out which projectors I want to mod into the stock lights I will start posting the ideas.... I want to use the stock glass as it is much better at resisting scratches and chips than the older plastic fronts...

I just wet sanding mine this weekend. Now they look brand new again.

I am thinking about doing a dual projector retro with maybe a sc300 with a lens swap and a bi-xenon of some kind. If I can fit is I would really like to do the TL with a ZKW lens swap. That pattern looks amazing.

TSX outer with TL hybrid inner would be great....I just don't know if I have the room. Then color match the back of the housing behind the shrouds.

BHR - Did you ever figure out if you could swap the Valeo lens on the TSX?

No , I am going to re-do the stock lights and see which ones I like better... and then sell the other. Mind you, I could pull out my Reality lights and clean them up and piss people off with the reflector glare for a while ;)

I just wet sanding mine this weekend. Now they look brand new again.

I am thinking about doing a dual projector retro with maybe a sc300 with a lens swap and a bi-xenon of some kind. If I can fit is I would really like to do the TL with a ZKW lens swap. That pattern looks amazing.

TSX outer with TL hybrid inner would be great....I just don't know if I have the room. Then color match the back of the housing behind the shrouds.

BHR - Did you ever figure out if you could swap the Valeo lens on the TSX?

i highly doubt u're going to be able to fit TL's in...

No , I am going to re-do the stock lights and see which ones I like better... and then sell the other. Mind you, I could pull out my Reality lights and clean them up and piss people off with the reflector glare for a while ;)

why waste the time or money? the reflector headlights don't give much options for a retro because the room in so small...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...