Awesome Old Mazda

mts

Originally posted by "sim rx-3"

MY PROJECT CAR - 1974 rx3 ap sedan

this is posted as tribute to the affair some have with Mazdas world around!! mts

These photo's taken at start of the year 2003 before i pulled her apart-

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ok, now where to start...

It's a 1974 series2 rx3 sedan and this is what is being done-

body colour might be candy apple red but I'm still thinking original colour, which is what she is now.

Interior will be oyster colour leather interior if car is red. If gold havent decided yet.

*13bt motor (bridge ported)

*T45 holset turbo but could be looking at GT42R

Currently HOLSET is 55mm compressor wheel with 70mm exhaust wheel. (WHICH IS FOR SALE)

IPB Image

* custom manifold with water to air intercooler.

IPB Image

* LPG throttle body

* Haltech ignition computer with Straight LPG.

* Supra TT 6 speed with custom vertical gate shifter

* 9" diff with 4.56 gears

* Original steering setup is being replaced with electric powersteering pump from a holden vectra and rack (if anyone has the wiring diagram for it would be muchly appreciated)

IPB Image

IPB Image

* Front suspension is full custom (like the Gemini that won summernats) with coil over shocks.

(Shock towers have been removed from the body in the engine bay as aftermarket crossmember has shock towers on it)

IPB Image

or like this -

IPB Image

* Rear suspension is 2 bar link (like a toyota landcruiser 80 series) with watts linkage and coil over shocks (rear shock towers have been removed to make way for sub box)

* Pbr disk brakes (330mm front, 300mm rear disks) drilled-slotted disks all four corners (Brembo 6 spot calipers on front, Brembo 4 spot rear)

*Firewall smoothed over and brake/clutch pedal boxes used will be mounted under the dash

* mechanical water pump replaced with davies craig EWP

* Stud pattern and offset changed to falcon (sick of Simmons on Mazdas, no offence)

*False drop tank has the Gas tanks and battery in it

(Also done to make room for sub box)

* Twin 3.5" exhaust system with rear mufflers sitting either side of drop tank with 5" outlets

* All inner guards will have been lifted 3" without changing external lines of the body to make room for new rims-tires

* Rims are 20"x8.5" with 245/35/20 tires on all four corners

IPB Image

* 4x recaro seats. Extra 2 for rear seat configuration with parcel shelf to be moulded to come down around recaros to give it the "bench seat look"

IPB Image

* 2x clarion dual voice coil 12" subs

* 2x clarion splits (a set for front and a set for the rear)

* Mazda 121 bubble boot hinges used for boot and bonnet hinges of rx3 to give it a funky look when opening/closing.

This is so far, so basically I want 20" rims with the body 150mm off the ground and be able to rotate the wheels for even wear.

have purchased the plates -

IPB Image

I can wait till she is on the road gleaming her ass off with me in da drivers seat pimpin style!! lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...