Mods For My Millenia

Hi all,

its been a long while since I've posted here, but don't worry....I AM back!

My car is a 1996 Mazda Xedos 9 Special Edition (manual 5 gears + R)

Its a 2.0i V6 DOHC 24V .

What special on this car?

It has the alacantara interior and a two tone original paint job.

My mods so far are

TurboMag

Turbonator

DNX sports air filter (I once bought a K&N, but it was a wrong one)

HALO spark plugs (better mpg and more power....you can FEEL it!)

New radiator (better cooling)

New radiator piping

New Exedy clutch

New car axle

New high pressure plate

Engine was cleaned out and slightly painted

Roetex for the whole car

New high performance disc brakes and high performance ceramic brake pads

Mazda Sports 5-poke rims (16")

Windows tinting

New chrome pillars

Rear lights tinting

New home made LED 3rd brake taillight (100 x 20.000mcd LED)

New Amp JVC 300RMS

New woofers BOSE 350RMS x 2

Home made Hydrogen installation (fuel consumption was near 8,5L/100km....originally 13,5L/100km)

Regulated the ECU for better performance and less fuel consumption.

new grill (under the front numberplate, in that gap there)

PIAA 4500K headlights

120.000mcd leds for city lights (don't know how u call it, its the light which lights on when the illumination command is turned on once)

parking sensors

Rear and front view camera (3.2MP).

A XBOX with Linux,XBMC and EvoX on it (entertainment)

A Dell Optiplex SX270 for all other needs (incl. navigation).

A 12,2" screen in the front and normally 2x15" in the back, but they look TOO big....I'll search for 7"-12,2"

a SONY M8800 MP3 radio with AUX IN (for Xbox and PC)

Parrot BT handfree set (also connected to radio)

A second battery (BOSCH 76A) for the hydrogen installation. This battery is charged through solar power (in sunroof).

New automatic antenna

White neon in the trunk in stead of that little bulb there

New led lightning in the interior

and I think thats all for now.....maybe I forgot some...If I remember some, I'll edit this

The problems so far

clutch broken (replaced)

axle broken (replaced)

radiator drilled by pigeon (replaced) Don't ask me how that pigeon got there....I don't know!

piping cut (replaced)

oil leaks (need gaskets)

antenna didn't work (replaced)

car vibrated at start (repaired...HALO bougie)

power lacked (edited ECU)

fuel consumption raised==> hydrogen/ThurboMag/Turbonator

........my fingers are getting tired now of typing all this

(w8 5 min ... get boost)

Does anyone know how I upload pics?

some values of the car

Horse power = 167 (YES 167HP...remember its a modded 2.0i)

0-100kmh = 7.8secs!!! (originally 9secs)

Fuel consumption = 8,5L/100km

Top Speed = 247kmh (OW YEAH!!!!! its NOT a LIE!!! Its TESTED on the road)

It originally kicked back on 190kmh...but Mazda never limited the Millenia....so probably the first owner should have done something to this car, I got rid of it!

I think I once wrote 274kmh somewhere on this site (my bad....its 247kmh)

Torque = 195 pound-feet of torque @ 4500RPM

brakes = from 100kmh to zero needs only 35meters!!! (46m originally)

tires = Michelin AS Power Grip (top speed 220....no they didn't explode)

Thats about it I think

Main problem now....the car failed the car examination!!!

They said that the brake discs are not European and are not registered by Mazda.

I will have to buy NEW brakes...originally from Mazda....BLOODY Belgium Law.

I should have :poopfan: the minister of transport and mobility :violent::mad:

What do you guys think of this....

If any one is interested to buy it...I am selling it.

Its getting too expensive for me now as I don't earn money any more.

And the gas prices are INSANE!!!! €1,588/L

Two years ago I got 21Liters of Petrol out of €20 and today I get 12,6Liters of petrol out of €20...

I hate Belgium....USA rules....UAE too

Are you saying your 2,0 produces 167 hp and 195 footpounds without being blown? Or was it Newtonmetres? I'd like to see a dyno to prove these numbers. What do you mean hydrogen, sure you don't mean LPG? Just for the record, official 0-100 time of the 2,0 5-speed is 10,9 seconds, 2,5 5-speed 8,5 seconds. 247 km/h sounds like a fairitail to me anyway. The slushbox 210 hp Miller Cycle will do 230 km/h on a good day, a 2,5 5-speed 220. 247 km/h actual speed would probably have the needle go beyond the 260 scale, due to about 5% misreading.

Uploading features are added to supporters I believe. PM one of the mods. The best option is to upload the pics via Photobucket or a similar site.

Shinta - the video clip you refer to, I don't know what the son g is, but that video was made by a member here (anubis) about another member here (troutman) I would pm anubis about the song

xedos, plat had his 01 S at 156 w/pic (still on cardomain?), and I'v had mine to 151, so 250kph to be fair, but the 2.0, it should be the exact same setup as troutmans 500, in a much larger car of course.

Shinta - the video clip you refer to, I don't know what the son g is, but that video was made by a member here (anubis) about another member here (troutman) I would pm anubis about the song

xedos, plat had his 01 S at 156 w/pic (still on cardomain?), and I'v had mine to 151, so 250kph to be fair, but the 2.0, it should be the exact same setup as troutmans 500, in a much larger car of course.

Can you find those pics?

This is the only one I could find from plat (who I think sold his millenia?)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Engine wise it was stock and not even at redline doing 149. Exhaust and intake with a FA engine would make it good for another 3-5mph top end I believe?

Plat had alot of custom stuff inside though, granted he was also a police officer and could speed when he wanted, he was the one who put my original KVR's on, we went cruising through MD at a good 100mph just to get diet coke once. If you were at MWM04 you would have seen some good races. He is the reason I seek an 01-02 Silver S with gray interior.

Its very tough to test top speed. You have to keep the throttle on the floor for a long time since acceleration at that speed is sooo slow. I bet even a good wax will make a difference in top speed, its all aerodynamics..

Thanks for the pics.

Hi all,

I know lots my specs look unbelievable.

don't forget its modded. I wil try to upload pics and I think I also have a report of that dyno result somewhere here. I didin't took a pic going 247kmh, I was scared to take a hand of the steering.

247 was read by my navigation program. It was telling me all the time...You are driving too fast, please slow down. I've ordered those mags and turbonators from the UK. In my first week I didin't feel any difference, but after a month or so I saw a LITTLE (VERY LITTLE) increase in mpg. It did helped a LOT at higher speeds. Yes it goes VERY slow after 170!!! I went into READ area (6700RMP) and stopped accerlating when temperature started rising, Pulled over and let the car cool down. I cannot proove my 247 to you guys, sorry. It in only ME and my Best friend who SAW and experienced it. I think it is due to my extra gear (5 gears forward).

Hydrogen is the correct term. I used electrolysis to extract H2 from H2O and this goes in the engine giving it MORE power and MORE mpg. When you have this kind of installation you will feel the difference right away. Those Halo Bougies also gave the car a BOOST! It simply adds a LOT MORE octane to your fuel.

Dear MazdaCaddi,

I really really thank you for your support. As I told you (maybe you remember) that I found those Turbonators and TurboMags in the UK, I actually also bought them. There is a little difference, not much. But remember: EVERY little step makes a lot of little steps, lots of little steps make a BIG step in the end. And those cookie were DELICIOUS (they're finished). I didn't bought the so called +90HPchip because THAT was crap. Its bad for the engine. Its a lie... My car is driving for the moment and I hope it won't fall apart again.

TC

I will try to upload pics tomorrow, right now I am late for university!!!

This is the only one I could find from plat (who I think sold his millenia?)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Engine wise it was stock and not even at redline doing 149. Exhaust and intake with a FA engine would make it good for another 3-5mph top end I believe?

Plat had alot of custom stuff inside though, granted he was also a police officer and could speed when he wanted, he was the one who put my original KVR's on, we went cruising through MD at a good 100mph just to get diet coke once. If you were at MWM04 you would have seen some good races. He is the reason I seek an 01-02 Silver S with gray interior.

That looks like 147mph indicated to me. Equals 236 km/h, but we must remember to compensate for misreading. 236 km/h indicated would be no more than 225 km/h actual speed. The speedo in my Xedos reads about 5 % too much around 60 mph.

Shinta, you built your own hydrogen plant and pressurize it for use in your car huh? I don't buy your story. Show us some pics of the injector system then.

Shinta, you built your own hydrogen plant and pressurize it for use in your car huh? I don't buy your story. Show us some pics of the injector system then.

:D

I know it sounds incredible. (You guys are probably thinking I am making all of this up, WHICH IS NOT!)I will post some pics al SOON as I figured out HOW to post 'em.

My car is not 100%hydrogen like that 7series there.....its partly hydrogen. Kind of free energy....it only costs a little money (€150) to make such an installation.

Its an aquarium in my trunk which produces hydrogen. There goes in, a pump generating bubbles (LOTS of bubbles). This pump is for the pressure buildup. As the pressure goes over a certain value, a valve opens from the aquarium and air goes through a thick pipe. This pipe gets smaller and smaller to the end. Then IT blows it in the AIR intake and there goes hydrogen in... and there you have it...I just need to figure out how to post pics and then I will post them. :noidea:

My prototype hydrogen fuel cell exploded some time ago :whistling:

I forgot to use a plastic bottle...I used glass.... :whistling:

But next time, I made this aquarium. Its all 7mm thick PLEXIglass. 10L inhalt :o

Don't know if you guys know something about chemics, but there IS a way to separate H2 from H2O IN your CAR!!! Its not harmful (normally...depends on the catalysator).

Ow,

I also have a question.

The Mazda Millenia tail light exist of two parts.

One on the body and one on the trunk.

I saw lots of Millenias when the turn on their light, red light should burn in the tail lights. With Millenias there is RED light in both parts of the taillight making is NICE!!! Does the brakelight also light up BOTH the parts of the taillight.

Here in Europe only one part of the tail light light up (the outer parts). 1 trunk side light turns on when FOG appeares, the other one NEVER lights up. Whats the system with FOG lights in the REAR in the USA?

I really love those face lifted tail lights...grrrrr

:shifty:

I have the 01-02 taillights, about 600USD anda new truck lid (250USD)

I hate rear fog lights, oh how I hate rear fog lights, anyway here in the states all 4 brake lights light up red both on low and under braking, no rear fog light.

there is a very popular show here called "mythbusters" that might replay there, they did the hydrogen test and it was rather horrible, you actually spend something ike 2x more energy to bonds the Hydroden bonds then you would just putting an electric motor in to help, plus you get very little hydrogen.

the turbonator thing I could see giving some at low speed, but actually reducing power at high speed, 167hp is very reasonable though, 2.5 is 170-180hp, modded 2.0 could do it, granted spark plugs are usually only good for .5hp at the most (or regaining lost factory spec power)

as for top speed, the highest I'v ever seen a 2.5 do is 135mph, I doubt the 2.0 could do much past 125mph

Talking about air resistance: I was actually "racing" with a Audi A8. Not really a race, but that day I was driving like 120kmh on a highway (EMPTY highway) and suddenly a Audi A8 came from the right and crossed me and took off...I went behind him and wanted to know how long I could hold him (I can't beat a A8). Not very long, only some minutes. He was all the time in front of me, but I saw him being quite astonished (like....WTF.....a MAZDA trying to beat me???). He hit the pedal, as I did too. My friend fastened his seat belt and we started the pursuit. I switched on the mod and the acceleration was insane. It was quite fast from 120-160. Then slowly 170 and then the Audi started to make distance. slowly slowly I make it to 200 and then from 200 to 225 it went quite well and I started to reach the red area. The Audi was like 50m in from of me. 230 - 245 VERY slow! and I was in the red area, I could FEEL my car vibrate for the first time, but I also felt there was a lill more in my engine left and. It was quite in the car, only the ZOOMING of the engine was there. I started sweating (it was REALLY REALLY VERY VERY FAAAAST!!!). I hold my steering wheel with both hands VERY tight!!! I looked at my GPS....246.....247 KSSSSSHHHH. I released my foot and the car started desaccelerating on the engine. That went fast. Just the second I released my foot the speedometer dropped to 180 and kept dropping. My temperature raised up in the AIR and I hears BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP. Engine was TOOOO hot!!!

I pulled over (BTW....Audi was GONE!). I wanted to open the hood and I almost burned my hands! Then opened the hood with my sweater and the Engine was steaming incredibly!!! THAT much steam, I have never seen that much before!!! My heart was BONKING like crazy...my friend also took off the sweat of his forehead. Uffff....what an experience....He said...NICE!!! Lets DO it AGAIN!....I said....R U CRAZY DAWG!? Never ever again...look at my engine!!!...We waited until the smoke stopped and looked for the problem. There was a cut in the piping of the radiator and there were some oil leaks from the gaskets. I duck-taped it and put some more water in the radiator.

We continued our trip to Paris and even came back without the car BLEEPING and without going over 140kmh.

That was some experience...once in a lifetime. Unfortunately I had a Nokia 3510 in my pocket (no CAM), he had some Ericcson (no CAM) and our digital camera was in the trunk. Else we would have filmed this experience FOR SURE. I don't mind if you guys don't believe me, Only my friend and I know what it feels like to fly low.

As for the hydrogen:

As I told...I was using an external battery (BOSCH 74A) which was charged by solar power, so no power was extracted from the car. The hydrogen production depends on the SHAPE of electrolyt and the katalysator you use. Look on Youtube for HUGE HYDROGEN and you will see that there are setups producing about 72L of hydrogen !!!