Color Wash Mod

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....okay dokie then.....I see your new to HID's

what you want does not exist, sort of, if ebya or ricers tell you different there dirty chinks and have no idea what there talking about.

The "color" you see twinkling in oem hid's, 4300k color temp that is is an optical illusion, the color extends as a fine line along the cutoff of the beam and as the suspension moves and the car travels over surfaces that cutoff line goes in and out of your direct line of sight, causing the color.

SOME projectors, by which I mean hid retrofits can be modded in various ways to project a thicker band of color, but you cannot change the color so to speak. Some projectors, like the TSX ones people have used washers, regular out washers from home depot as spacers, moving the shield further away from the bowl of the projector.

Unless you have a custom HID retrofit and projectors that work like this then therei s nothing you can do. Even 4300k bulbs in factory projectors won't benefit from this.

What year is your car, and have you done any color mods?

I'm one of the few people with a retrofit, by far the most custom, I know for a fact I'm the only person with bixenons in a 95-00, and only 1 other person with an 01-02 I know of (don) has them.

My cutoff color has been generated first by the projectors used, combined with a gasket spacer mod, and a lense swap.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Avoid google, useless search engine, its not called a washer mod, just shield or cutoff mod, color mod etc.

Yes, those are mine

Hybrid FX45 projectors, 6mm gasket spacer, valeo ECE tinted lense

The one pic is just the low beams, here is the difference between low beams and high beams.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Even with a camera phone you can see

IPB Image

Where id millylover go?

I'm here. I'm lookin at these milly 2002 projectors on ebay for $500. They have the tsx projecters and was color washed says the seller.

Yes, those are mine

Hybrid FX45 projectors, 6mm gasket spacer, valeo ECE tinted lense

The one pic is just the low beams, here is the difference between low beams and high beams.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Even with a camera phone you can see

IPB Image

Where id millylover go?

I'm here. I'm lookin at these milly 2002 projectors on ebay for $500. They have the tsx projecters and was color washed says the seller.

I guess your rite bhr. Gonna poet the sites up later when I get 2 a computer. I have the stock 2001 milly projectors. wanna do a retro but low on cash and and have no clue on how 2 do a retro.

I looked it up, not sure who did it, but I can't believe they blacked it out, totally unneeded, anyway they just used some plain jane washers as a spacer, the number goes back to a very very old thing on hidforums (no longer in existance)

500 dollars is damn expensive, what a freakin rip off, the retrofit they did is not very custom, more or less a direct swap, you can purchase a pair of TSX projectors, or others for under 180 at the most, do it yourself in under an hour.

I looked it up, not sure who did it, but I can't believe they blacked it out, totally unneeded, anyway they just used some plain jane washers as a spacer, the number goes back to a very very old thing on hidforums (no longer in existance)

500 dollars is damn expensive, what a freakin rip off, the retrofit they did is not very custom, more or less a direct swap, you can purchase a pair of TSX projectors, or others for under 180 at the most, do it yourself in under an hour.

O really? Thanks a lot. I'm so glad I ran into u. Seems like the other site is goin dead. Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it. Thanks again. And o yeah, only tsx projectors? I like the lexus rx350. They r very nice. I work wit rental cars so I c all the different hids on our luxury cars and I think I like the lexus or the audi. Will these work? Thanks in advance.

the pissbucket is just that, avoid

only the tsx projectors use washers as spacer, but pretty much every projector can be modded in some way, check out www.hidplanet.com

I'm not sure about the rx projectors, but basically you cna use any projector with a 2.5" lense (around 75% of those out there)

so 3" is 2 big? i see alot of the projectors havthe 3".

the pissbucket is just that, avoid

only the tsx projectors use washers as spacer, but pretty much every projector can be modded in some way, check out www.hidplanet.com

I'm not sure about the rx projectors, but basically you cna use any projector with a 2.5" lense (around 75% of those out there)

so 3" is 2 big? i see alot of the projectors havthe 3".

here's how i found out about it/

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171345

and this 1 to

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/175658/1150735.aspx

uneducated fools, those posts on hidplanet would get them whipped in a field

alot of bixenon projectors are 3", but 2.5 is by far the most common, tsx is 2.5, you CAN use a 3" projector in the 01-02, don used tl bixenons in his, but it requires some extra trimming and a bit more aimming, but can be done.

uneducated fools, those posts on hidplanet would get them whipped in a field

alot of bixenon projectors are 3", but 2.5 is by far the most common, tsx is 2.5, you CAN use a 3" projector in the 01-02, don used tl bixenons in his, but it requires some extra trimming and a bit more aimming, but can be done.

Okay. Thanks. I'll let u know if when I decide 2 do it and if I get stuck you'll hera frum me again. Lol. Thanks again.

you need a set of projectors. If you want the washer mod you can do it yourself, but as your first HID experiance, go with them as they come, some people don't like the extra color as it doesn't create as sharp a cutoff, mine are about midway, still sharp but good color, some people mod the projectors for a razor, and I mean razor sharp cutoff, but almost no color.

you need a set of projectors. If you want the washer mod you can do it yourself, but as your first HID experiance, go with them as they come, some people don't like the extra color as it doesn't create as sharp a cutoff, mine are about midway, still sharp but good color, some people mod the projectors for a razor, and I mean razor sharp cutoff, but almost no color.

So the whole projector? Including shrouds,clips.etc?