Caliper Painting

Ghost T H

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way I have done mine is apply some painters tape all over the rotor, a towel or something behind it and then spray on with mild precison.

oh, and don't forget to clean them up really well before beginngin either. I like to take some rim cleaner, spray on and scrub, then rinse, and then take some brake cleaner spray to make sure I get everything.

Plese paint the front of the damn pads, its look so ricey when there a hole in the front

no, its much easier to just tape it all over. if your really really lazy I suppose you could spray the paint into a cup or something and use a small paintbrush and not even take your rims off if they have wide enough openings.

powdercoating still doesn't issue the ugly ass pad being seen through, I paint the whole thing to give it a clean even look.

except to pay roughly 25 dollars per caliper for powder coating.

You think painting looks better than powder coating because you can see the brake pad? What about the fact that it's baked on, so heat isn't an issue. And the fact that it's coated everywhere, front, back top bottom, making corrosion a non-issue too. If you weren't too afraid to remove your calipers I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

And the calipers get degreased and sandblasted prior to powder coating so no previous corrosion will flake the powder off.

Ren, Bhr has removed his calipers multiply times, even at a meet once to test out some brake pad performance (oct 04?)

Its much easier to just paint them, not to mention, if it is your only car I would advise against driving said brakeless car to a powder-coating shop.

-The Joker

• 2 weeks later...