Jeep: Damn Bold Move In Quality

///BHRpowered

I do not have all the details as it was only annouced a few days ago, however, the long and the short of it is that Jeeps are amazing and known for there quality and long lasting engines, yet people always talk about these chink cars and great warrentys. Yes well when things break every month you have to give warrentys to fix it or no one rebuys, JEEP has figured out that common sense is degrading at an ever increasing rate, so, wit hthat in mind they handed out the smackdown of all warrenties.

a LIFETIME power train warranty on ALL models starting in 08 or 09. Thats right, hyundia or whoever thinks there all badass with 100k when the cars fall apart into ash before 20k, but not Jeep, a LIFETIME powertrain warranty when they know there shit is going to outlast most cockroaches.

I'm 95% sure it only applies to the original owner, and a 2nd owner would only go to 60k or whatever, but seriously, a LIFETIME powertrain warranty. wow.

I doubt this will be a trend, and this is ONLY on Jeeps, not any other chrysler or mercedes.

I will be amazed if they pull it off, of course it depends how they define 'lifetime', and they will have to demand that all owners are good with oil changes etc. They will probably demand that owners do servicing through them, thus making the whole thing profitable in the end.

There don't seem to be many strings, frankly if they require dealer maintance or proper service records, they would be fools not to require it.

The only things I can find are that its non-transferrable, not on diesal engines, and not for fleet vehicles....otherwise, seems truely unlimited on mileage and time