Who Has Locked

enginph

Headlight cover weight does not add up.

This is a luxury car, that means alot of heavy dampening material as well componets not being made for the lightest use. You could gut the entire interior and maybe save 800lbs, if that, and why would you strip the interior of a luxury car?

Trust me, your in over your head and will not come anywhere near the results you think you will, it will never be a fast car, and you should under no condition take it to track to race. You may be in automotive school, however many people here have been dealing with the millenia for well over a decade, people with just as much or more experiance and much larger budgets (i.e BHR, Alumar, Ren, Shadow) have bee n working on it and its not something you should do.

The Millenia is designed to be a fun car to drive through twisty mountain roads at speed, or just cruising through the city while people stare at the styling and mystery.

The custom intake and custom exhaust will be your biggest power gains, combine with the JET chip, and maybe a small say 40shot of NX, you'll get around 300-320hp, and maybe 0-60 of 5.2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sayng the head light wieghts a hundred FUCKING pounds..... Im saying the car companys out their will take every OZ. they can out of a car for better fuel economy! this forum is full of hard headed morons...... 40 shot 320HP you just said it can make 300 on the motor how would a 40 shot only give you 20hp unless you dont know what your doing........ I never said I wanted it to be a track fucking car I just asked if anyone has.... I already have a 10 second fucking car ,but just wanted to give this car a little KICK, JESUS CHRIST I remember why i hate RICERS AGIAN FUCK!

No, it sounds like you want it to be a track car.

300hp is very possible, your forgetting this is a forced-induction car. A 2.5" exhaust with a remus muffler and high-flow cat has shown a 32hp increase alone, and if you had read, the JET chip is custom tuned to your mods, its not like a drop in piggy back.

40shot is all that would be reasonable safe without doing damage to the S/C, if you want more info, look up supercharger failures and all the business being sent to IMI for rebuilds at 1600 a pop.

We;ve not being hard headed, we're giving you straight facts

Your argument about weight though, that couldn't be more wrong and ill explain. RACE CARS will save every bit of weight where they can, this is not a race car, its a luxury car that was designed to compete with the 5-series and e-class of the mid 90's

Your also forgetting that the car was designed in 93, on the road in 94, and only a face lift in 01, the 01-02 is heavier then the previous years, and this is VERY IMPORTANT. When this car was designed, even after it was discontinued, gas was only 1.60 for 93, gas saving was the very last thing on anyones mind, so if you think mazda would pour in hundreds of hours of engineering and trying to save weight on a car that didn't need it, on a car that shouldn't need it, and when gas was cheap and no one cared, you need to take another look around.

If nothing eles, the millenia had better gas mileage in its class then anything eles at the time, so again, no need.

The millenia was designed to be in production from about 94/95 - 99, at which point it would be totally remade, but budget and other issues just left it as is with minor, minor upgrades...

try comparing its construction with an S-class, its for comfort and style, not all out speed, weight related performance is at the bottom of the list when things like driver comfort, road feedback, and style are at the top.

This is not a "motor" as some muscle car guy might think, its a technological marvel of a power plant that.