Hello

01mazda

Didn't know where else to do this, But I'm new to the forum... jus bought a 2001 mazda milly i see they are called. Pearl white milly S with the miller cycle engine, Has about 88,000 miles on it and i got it for $8500. I have seen alot of topics and have already learned alot about my new car on this forum.... what I havn't been able to find is how much boost does this stock engine make? 2.3L

thanks in advance, Greatr Forum!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the madnass

In first gear you'll have 7psi, in all other gears its 14psi, This is controlled by the ECU

has anyone done like a CO2 spray on the intercoolers or even methanol injection? does anyone know if all the internals are forgded! what is the most boost someone has ran on this motor... and is there a way to get max boost soon, it seems the full boost isnt until like 4 grand?

peak power is around 3200rpms.

I have water sprayers, and thats about it, the MCE does not like to be modded and its very very picky. The JET chip that some have can increase boost to 16, but thats the most i've ever heard of anyone running. The enigne does NOT like to be touched. The ebay chips attempt to raise boost, however the only person to try them had the ECU basically put the car into safe mode and wouldn't shift out of 1st gear until the chip was removed.

Your best bets for power are intake and exhaust, on the FI engine it really loves the open flow

max power is at 3200, boost has nothing to do with it, its 14psi in all gears except 1st, so to repeat because you missed it, 1st gear = 7psi, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th you get 14psi. I have no idea why it was designed like that, but a boost gauges on several S's don't lie

You people are forgetting a basic aspect of how a MCE works, its not a normal FI jsut pushing more in, it needs a certain amount of pressure for a certain amount of thime, if you increase it you use less fuel and lose power.

01, water sprayers, a fine mist over the intercoolers to keep them cool, IMO far far safer, cheaper, and practical then ebay hyped C02

Dubs - 1 bar = (approx) 14 psi which is exactly what everyone above has stated for second gear. Your argument may or may not have merit but your evidence is way too poor to survive.

Question: Are you claiming 1st gear gets the full 14psi (1bar) of boost ?????

I don't know what the internals of the engine are made from, but considering that it's built for efficiency and not outright power, I'm going to suggest that they aren't forged, but this is just a guess.

I'm not sure if you're aware of the dynamics of the Miller Cycle compression stroke, but the biggest difference is that it keeps the inlet valve open for the first part of the compression stroke. It's trading up in efficiency (not real compression while crank is at BDC and therefore less resistance) and losing ability to hold the fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. The supercharger compensates for this somewhat, but boosting it up may well alter the 'finely tuned dynamics' of pressure versus miller cycle process, hence why no one has reported much success in that area.

HTH G.

this is my family car but was just wanting a little more kick.... my track car is a 1990 mustang 5.0 with a 200 shot. I really want to know for sure if the pistons on this car are forgdeed or not because i would really like to do like a CO2 or nitrous spray on the intercooler and see what happens.... if they are for sure forgded myabe even a nice Dry nitrous shot with a custom tune

it won't come anywhere close, and 90% of the mods you can do to that, you can't do to the MCE, either because they don't exist, or because it won't let you.

There isn't even a production intake, short ram or otherwise for any millenia, a member here had to custom design one

The ONLY performance mods for the millenia that exist are a drop in k&n filter, and the jet chip, everything eles is custom

you can do a custom CO2 sprayer on the intercoolers and almost all nitrous systems are custom??? and tuning is all custom so... just because A big name brand company doesnt make parts doesnt mean it cant be done, and that it wont make any power... there is just no demand! we will see what happens... I'm going to contact Mazda and see if they can tell me if they are forgded intetrnals, I really think they are because of the 14psi of boost!

I am on my second year of autmotive training and i will tell you what.... Any thing is possable!

OH and Nitrous is your friend!

also you are using water sprayers on your intercoolers?????? why water? I would think that would be very unsafe?