Hello

01mazda

They are forged, but I'm telling you, your going to spend alot of money for nothing. MCE's doesn't function like other engines, mods that can get lots of power on other cars can cause a loss of powerand damage to a MCE, and mods that might not give anything can make huge gains.

go with an intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, jet chip, and 180 thermostate, you'll be near 300hp, and thats it.

nitrious is a very very bad idea. Your S/C will go within a week

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dropping thermastat temp drops cylinder temp, and could cause a rich mixture! also engine runs colder and could get stuck in open loop..... got a dyno sheet to prove that 300HP? I have never ever in my life seen a cold air intake and exhuast and chip give you 90hp...... thats just crazy...

dropping thermastat temp drops cylinder temp, and could cause a rich mixture! also engine runs colder and could get stuck in open loop..... got a dyno sheet to prove that 300HP? I have never ever in my life seen a cold air intake and exhuast and chip give you 90hp...... thats just crazy...

He means that all things combined for the millenia will give you 90hp.

Keep in mind this is a MCE, its not only forced-induction which has a huge impact of air flow, but what you have learned in school about engines, scrape half of it and start over, the MCE is technically a 5-cycle engine that depends on a SC for function, not performance.

In general you'll wind up with around 270-280HP from the custom exhaust + high flow cat, custom intake, and custom chip, various other things can be done for 300.

[

In general you'll wind up with around 270-280HP from the custom exhaust + high flow cat, custom intake, and custom chip, various other things can be done for 300.

That much??? No way those thing will crank up the power by %50. Or something will break.

What happened to Ren's MC-to-otto conversion?

Many have, infact almost all performance mods have come from members, the specs for the best custom exhaust, the design and building of intakes (only found on mazdaworld) infact the JET chip is only on the market because a member (Alumnar) drove his Millenia 800 miles to there factory and let them map the car for 3 days. That alone was nearly 6 years ago.

I would be very interested in seeing what numbers you can achieve, but I caution you that damage, or at the very least, a lack of increase will occur. Long story short, if it doesn't work out don't say I didn't warn you.

You could of course mod the 2.5, its starts off much slower, but you can do almost anything you want to that engine to make power and numbers.

If you really want to WOW people, I would advise you to look into a 5-spd conversion. 3 have been done on the 2.5 which has a 5-spd version overseas, although extremely rare even among the rare xedos9. To my knowledge, noone has ever completed this project. The closest anyone got was ///BHRpowered, Seldomseen, and Ski, about 4 years ago they all decided to get a donor 96 Millenia and do the swap, but time and energy wiped out the project.

The highest powered millenia would have been made by Wizbummer about 3 years ago, he had a grand plan of taking a Millenia and swapping in I believe a 3000gt motor, twin turbo with mods, and maybe even AWD. He had a millenia totally stripped and ready to go, got a front clip of a 3000gt shipped, had plans for around 375hp atleast...then he got arrested, went through a long legal battle, disappeared, and as far as we know, is sitting in a jail cell in richmond somewhere....

Just because there isn't alot of performance for it, please don't go ricing it with 8k HID's, chrome rims, buick "air inlets" etc

Hey cementhead (BHR), do not insult the hell out of a n00b that could come up with some ideas, he is also a student of mechanics, you cannot even take off your intercoolers yourself. You are spouting off what others have done, or you have paid to have done. Sit back, watch the thread progress and LEARN.

its a piggy back, a general chip that will increase it by so much regardless what you have.

The JET chip you ship your entire ECU to jet with the mods you have and anything you'd like to do, they remap the actual ECU to whatever is needed to get the most out of those mods, shift points, etc

why ship it to JET... Personally i think JET is a joke... there is SCT and Diablo that i would like to make me a tune and i would rather take it to a local speed shop and have them tune the bitch... I dont see why 16 psi is all the boost that Jet added... I can really see this engine performing very well with like 20 or 22... I dont care what anyone says this engine is not that much different from anything else... I mean its not like a rotary... oh and someone explain this extra cycle in this 4 cycle engine.... I got to hear this... you mean every firing event of this engine has 5 strokes LOL! Intake, compression, ignition, exahust.....where is the 5th cycle guy...

Just remember that the MCE holds the intake valves open for a split second longer than a normal engine to increase compression rather that increase the stroke to get more compression. The MCE WILL NOT RUN WITHOUT THE S/C

I don't think you explained that very well MTS.

The best thing to do is a google search for "Miller Cycle Engine" and you will find a well written explanation.

But for a "quick" explain of the difference between 4 stroke and MCE, here's my take on it:

During the normal intake stroke, a 4 stroke will close the intake valve around BDC, whereas the MCE doesn't close the intake valve until 20% of the way through the compression stroke, meaning that some of the fuel charge that would have been compressed gets ejected out of the combustion chamber into the inlet manifold.

This makes the revolution much smoother and removes a lot of the normal resistance met during the compression stroke - when the piston is at BDC, it doesn't have much leverage to compress the fuel charge. With the intake valve open, there's no compression occuring, so the cyclinder can move up freely & efficiently.

This gain in efficiency is why an MCE is powerful, not because it has a supercharger to allow it to burn more fuel to produce more power.

It's because of this different approach to power production that traditional modifications _MAY_ not work - some ppl claim that it doesn't but do you beleive them? If not, feel free to try but accept the fact that people are trying to warn you.

If after all your modifications nothing has broken, then at least you know and you're only out of pocket a little. If you want to continue it, then get the KLZE 2.5L engine from Japan and twin turbo or supercharge it and you won't ever look back. 600hp shouldn't be too hard and 1000hp has been done. But nothing like this reported for the Miller Cycle Engine that I know of.

Here's some links that might give you inspiration:

http://www.xtremethings.com/Products.htm

http://www.offroadvw.net/bajawes/V6_baja/K...ars/ZE_cars.htm

My advice - if you want to try working on the MCE then go crazy and have fun. I'm sure it will be a learning experience as not a lot people seem to have trodden that ground before.

What I would do is have a backup plan, eg: ensure MCE modifications are reversible so you could at least sell it and plan B the custom TT KL engine :)

Cheers!

Graham.