For My 01-02 S, I've Decided On Navigation

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

first no, I can back my own ass up, lazy bastards, and I'm not drilling into the car.

The only thing I need to finish is my high-powered photostrobe gun fortailgators, using the trunk keyslot hole and 3 flash units from digital cameras, at a higher voltage of course should make them think twice, especially at night. I'll blind the fuckers and watch in the rear view mirror as they crash and burn

itso k, but I don't like the border, and OEM systems are never full touch screen, hence the pioneer looks more oem, slightly less clean or not. doesn't have the border and appears and functions as oem, so thats what ill go with.

I demand an actual volume knob, and I don't like every thing being a function of touching the screen, the fingerprints on my Jeeps nav only drive me insane.

remote ahs limited features, none the less, an OEM system would have a volume knob, the pioneer looks and functions as oem.

The point isn't to have the cleanest install, its so that when people get in the car they have no idea that its aftermarket, and if they know millenia's, they begin to question there own knowledge.

also after seeing it installed it looked horrible, there is a huge ass border around the side that looks like a harnass, pioneer is better

Kenwood looks pretty oem to me. Same color outer frame, similar color inner frame. But i didnt like it that much. It has darn high res. screen but the original graphics suck (didnt try wallpaper). The menu is unnecessarily complicated. Someone should buy an ipod or mac to the designer. The only thing i like is the ability to watch video clips on road and night vision rear cam, which works excellent..

it doesn't look oem for the following reasons

no volume knob

lack of buttons/total touch screen

huge ass border, looks like an aftermarket unit in a harnass

oem system all have manual buttons, none are fully touch screen, the pioneer does this brillantly by having limited buttons for key things like volume and mode on teh driver side for easy access

the screen extend to the full area with a very small border, when ti folds open you see a gap, like an oem system, you don't see an inner border, the list goes on

oh, and the kenwood doesn't allow you to upload our own start up image, as the video I posted showed, youcan upload a mazda logo for the start up screen, if it really looks oem instead of oem wanna be, and has a mazda start up screen, I dare you to find someone even at mazda who wonders if it was an option.