Ebay Xenon

01mazda

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used them in my wife's car. It's gone through about 6 bulbs in the time we've had it and at $20 each for standard bulbs, that's a bit steep.

So I tried these ebay blue bulbs and the light output was OK, it didn't melt the plastic lenses that the Toyota Sera has and they lasted about as long. And for $9 delivered, I couldn't complain at all.

The car now has true HIDs and I haven't had a problem in 12 months.

The rice lights might work, they might be illegal but .... get HIDs if you're doing it to upgrade the lighting.

Cheers G.

01, you do not want the blueish tint, that is hella fucking ricey.

OEM hids are not blue

there cutoff can bew blue/purple, but that is an optical illusion, you need to read the pinned thread on hids.

What you want is OEM quality and output HID's

9006, 4300k

go to ebay, find a 4300k kit with 9006 bulb base, 100-180 for a cheap kit, but I promise you once you see the output you will almost cry that you ever bought rice lights.

i've read that 01-02 projectors on a basic 4300K kit can appear blue, the projectors give that illusion but it's the best in the business when it comes to HID lighting. 4300K is OEM. Now that I've decided on keeping the car, I'm going to order HIDs right after I get in all my Christmas money!!!$$$$

Nope, not even remotely close.

Right now drop in LED's are barely acceptable for brake lights, it has increased with spread, but in terms of actual driving light there is nothing, only 1 car in the world has LED headlights with is the R8, 1 of the lexus chink models was suppose to have it but it seems that was scraped.

Now, you can get H3 LED's which will make it "look" like your lights on on, but it won't actually put any light on the ground.

Actually they use them alot at car shows, you get to see what the car looks like with lights on, but no light is really projected so no one gets blinded.

you don't need anything to go there, you have low beams and high beams.

The only benefit would be to flash someone with hid's off, but during the day they wouldn't provide anywhere near enough light to be seen, so its useless.

Once you put the bixenon is the 9005 becomes useless, just forget its there