Because Theres Room On The Amex

gee funny, thats not what the federal page says, nor what customs cays, nor the EPA.

It must meet safety and emissions, it can easily be tested for emissions, and safety are simple things, because the millenia/eunos are more or less the same in terms of both, its easy, now, for other cars this may not be the case.

But my import had been approved by several customs agents, granted I had to pay 2.5% tax, if war hadn't crashed his 800sp it would be sitting in my garage right now.

You could also claim it differently and just not have it "really" street legal

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, war fixed it, but at the time he wasn't sure if it could be fixed, I'm not talking about the first accident on the rear bumper, I was going to buy it just before he crashed the front of it (or someone backed into him hard)

We had it all set up, I was going to be there for the 2004 grand prix and sign any papers and make the transfer, load it up and go.

Of course this thread should probably be closed since now the AMEX has about 86% more debt owed on it then any other month in my credit history, I couldn't even buy gas for another millenia right now

As usual, ren is wrong.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/quiktext.htm

there are new laws that if its 21 years or older you don't need ANY emissions requirements.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/other.htm

You can't do it yourself, you need to find an importer, they handle the shipping, and before you even get the car they take care of all the paperwork, meet with customs etc.

If you want any further proof ren is ren, simply call the customs department and they will tell you in 30 seconds, I of course just walked in the front door since it was 4 blocks from my college, but still.

I'm sure canada is different, but ironical, if importing something from canada into the US you can get away with alot more.