Headlights

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lat, if there is water in them you need to find out why, if it leaked in through a drain hole or missing dust caps thats 1 thing, but if its not sealed that another.

When I do a retrofit I heat at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes, DO NOT put pressure on the lenses when you take it out, DO NOT push on them or anything or they will begin to bend a bit while hot.

Thats your damn problem, your suppose to be getting 4300k, that is OEM, or wait, you want to make the car look out and rotting, and put HID's on it, yet making it look like a model year before HID's were even on the market.

you want philips bulbs, thats the key part. 4300k These are the top notch kits, and a 5 year warrenty is included, 9006. 4300k

http://www.lavalighting.com/products.html

What i'm doing is reheating the goo with a lighter, and then scraping it off. It's slow and painful but will allow me to apply a better seal of silicone so that it never leaks again.

Any advice on the splicing. There are orange, red, and white. 2 black ground. How does this correspond with the 00 wiring?

Lat, you can't use silicone to seal headlights. It lets out vapours as it dries and will turn the inside of you headlights into a foggy mess.

Don't scrape the old sealant off, just put the two halves together and heat in an oven. Don't use a fucking lighter either, unless it's to light a cigarette or dope.

At this point, I believe your headlights are probably fucked.

I hadn't done the passenger side light yet, so I put it in the oven first thing this morning, and got it back together, no problems. I'm going to put a thin bead of silicone on the outside, over the seal, just to be extra cautious. The drivers side, well, I'll just have to make due with whatever adhesive is left, and then seal it up on the outside with silicone or an eqivalent sealent.

Now, help with the splicing?

MTS and I were discussing possibly swapping the 00 headlight harness with that from the 95, so there would be no splicing, but that failed.

The 00 harness comes in on the left side of the headlight, the 95 harness on the right: = is theconnector.

(=oooo)

(on car-side and headlight side harnesses)

green=lobeam

red=hibeam

black=ground

(ooooo=)

(on car-side harness)

white=lobeam

red=hibeam

black=ground

orange=parking, cut those away

2nd black=parking, cut that away

(headlight harness)

green=lobeam

red=hibeam

black=ground

The 00 harness is way short, would never reach. The lobeam wire is short and stubbby whereas the hibeam is long, they would need to be reversed to even try to make them work in the 95 headlight. I couldn't get teh plugs to release from teh 00 harness, so I stopped. I made the mistake of cutting the 95 harness while removing the gromet, so now I'll have to wire something up, or steal a harness from one of the dead cars.