Added

Jdubs99

Ok, the bose system for the 01-02 has TWO amps. One is attached to the crap ass sub, and other is behind the passenger rear seat. I had a lot of fun rewiring everything a couple weeks ago. The front speakers are large gauge as i thought earlier. I had to chop the radio harness, which I did not want to do, but i guess that's the consequence of having a bose system.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the sound quality, even though I have to turn up the volume about 85% to get decent output. I'm not happy with the sound stage though. I'm thinking about MAYBE making some kickpanels in the spring to improve things a bit. Mid range and bass response is great, using the factory tweeter placement is a killer though. At this point, I'm just pissed off about the molex plug in the door, if anyone knows a good way to run wire through the door, I'd love to hear it. If i had some way to reposition the tweeters lower in the car, I'm sure it would clear up the staging issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry, world of warcraft has its hooks set in my brain. My cardomain page has my whole electronics setup. I changed out the Sirius unit for a brown Zune, as the only thing I use sirius for anymore is listening to Stern or Bubba on internet streaming.

Anyone have some hosting space available? I finished the LED trunk light conversion today, and got the vertical false panel done. Since cardomain is being boycotted, i've got 5 pages of updated pics.