Top This...

mts

some things to note.

that was an AMAZING top gear episode, the first race,

second, yes its 6/10ths faster to 60 then the enzo, but it has 350 extra hp and 4 turbo's, the enzo is better engineering. 3rd, it certainly can't handle better then an enzo.

and 4th, its NOT faster then an F1 car, its top speed is faster then an F1 car reaches on a circuit, however several F1 cars have been clocked pushing the high 260's in the nevada salt flats.

and lastly, I saw one at the washington auto show, while it is a crowd catcher.....its kind of ugly

BHR, you sir, have no taste. The enzo is a glorified red ferrari BATMOBILE. Not to mention, handling on the Veyron exceeds the enzo, why, because it's awd. It's top speed is 407km/h, though it can only maintain that speed for 12 minutes, because it runs out of gas afterwards. Not to mention at 30 minutes of driving that speed the tires actually melt off the car (that's not a joke). Plus at roughly half the cost of the enzo, you could have two of these. Furthermore, the interior on the enzo, much like every other ferrari, is bland at best. In the Veyron, you are king.

ren, if anything the veyron is the batmobile, and tires last for 50 mins according to video.

I agree its ana amazing car, however the enzo is more focused, I'm more impressed with the enzo's LACK of things including even a basic radio or power windows, sure the veyron may be concorde, but I see the enzo as a fully armed F-22, which to me is much more beautiful. and I still think its ugly.

also, BASE PRICE, to BAST PRICE, the enzo is half the cost (roughly 600k new) whereas the veyron new is 1.3 million (although it is rumored to cost VW 5 million to actually make) aftermarket demand prices haves pushed both much higher.

And according to the top gear lapboard the enzo is king and brings home a faster time then the carrera gt, but slower (not by much mind you) then the enzo.

The only car that is faster around a circuit is the maserati mc-12, which is POWERED BY THE ENZO'S ENGINE...but lighter

I posted before I watched the video so I was working off memory. I couldn't hear properly, did he say 50 or 15 minutes?

Currently the Enzo is ~$2.5mil with a top speed of 217.5mph, the Veyron's modest $1.3mil price tag brings a 253mph top speed. I agree with your comment on the base price though. The Chrysler 412 is faster than the prescious Enzo. And the MC12, is not only ugly, but it's also slower on all accounts than the Enzo. Out of curiousity, who told you the MC12 could beat an Enzo, or a Veyron for that matter. Not only can the Veyron out accelerate either of the Ferrari Groups ugly ducklings due to it's power and awd, it SHOULD also be able to outhandle them through the corners. The only reason this isn't definitive is that the Veyron is heavier than both the Enzo and the incredibly ugly MC12.

As for the interior, that's where you sit, that's what you look at while in the car, why in the hell would you want it to look like a glorified go-kart. If you want a frame and an engine, save yourself $2.45mil and buy a Lotus Elise.

ren, tires last 50 mins, 12 only last 12.

2nd, I'm not saying its not a crowd catcher and its certainly not rice, but I find the enzo just beautiful, to me worthless lines and random curves to attract attention only serve to blog down a car. The enzo is clean cut and on a mission, sure a fighter jet isn't a space shuttle or concorde, but it can do so much in a variety of ways with a clear purpose.

as for price, the CURRENT going rate for U.S model is just a hair under 1million, so still cheaper, also its simplier, I mean the veyron generates way to much heat, has 10 radiators and all kinds of things to go wrong, think of the clutch

as for speed, I'm referring to the top gear lap board (which since this is a top gear video I thought would be good) the carrera gt 1.19.8, the veyron a 1.19.3, and the enzo a 1.19.0...with the mc12, powered by the enzo's exact engine came in 1.18.8.

all on the same track driven by a professional race driver.

ren, tires last 50 mins, 12 only last 12.

Like I said I was going off memory, and in the video I had a hard time making it out.

2nd, I'm not saying its not a crowd catcher and its certainly not rice, but I find the enzo just beautiful, to me worthless lines and random curves to attract attention only serve to blog down a car. The enzo is clean cut and on a mission, sure a fighter jet isn't a space shuttle or concorde, but it can do so much in a variety of ways with a clear purpose.

Umm, 1001hp is pretty clean cut to me, and it's mission is definitely clear...speed. Which it accomplishes at a full 35mph faster than the Enzo. As for the lines, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And god damn, if you could buy sex on 4 wheels, it would look like the Veyron.

as for price, the CURRENT going rate for U.S model is just a hair under 1million, so still cheaper, also its simplier, I mean the veyron generates way to much heat, has 10 radiators and all kinds of things to go wrong, think of the clutch

Last I heard they were going up in price, but apparently i was wrong. Note the cost of the clutch on the Enzo, it's not cheap either.

as for speed, I'm referring to the top gear lap board (which since this is a top gear video I thought would be good) the carrera gt 1.19.8, the veyron a 1.19.3, and the enzo a 1.19.0...with the mc12, powered by the enzo's exact engine came in 1.18.8.

all on the same track driven by a professional race driver.

I haven't seen it, but that's just one circuit. I'm sure there are others where the Veyron would dominate, not just win, but rip the ugly little Enzo apart.

keep in mind other then top speed the veyron really isn't THAT much faster then an enzo, and I do believe its more focused, an enzo is basically a street legal race car where the veyron is a roadcar with tons of power.

as for sex on wheels, I do not desire such whore things so its a mute point. An enzo is made to go around a circuit, and head to head I think it would come out dead even or faster on any circuit in the world, now there are some like say monza where yes, it might be a full 2-5 seconds faster per lap, but what about monaco where it could be 2-5 seconds slower per lap

Other than top speed, almost nothing is that much faster than an Enzo. You won't get a car to do 0-60 in less than 2.5 seconds no matter what you do. At this stage of the game top speed is the only deciding factor. The difference between 2.7 and 3.1 seconds is almost unnoticable, however the difference between 218 and 253 is quite substantial.

And didn't I say that some circuits it will go better than the enzo where others it will fail?

until tire technology advances greatly 2.5 for a full size road car is about as quick as it can get, however there are rumors of the ferrari f70 in the design stages with a target goal of 2.3, however, a top speed for only 245. Faster then a mclaran, slower then a veyron.

However there is simply no need for that, look at the supercars produced since the mclaran, many will do 210-220, they have access to the technology, and certainly in that market price doesn't matter, but a race car is a race car. the enzo is a street legal F1 car, its aggressive and focused, to me a car with the veyrons power but a stereomall and soccer mom yuppie interior styling isn't as focused.

the enzo is aggressive yes, but look at the carrera gt, its more more rounded and certainly closer to there traditional cars, but its molded just enough that every line and every curve has a purpose and is precise as germans rail time table. Some thing with the interior, bare carbon fiber door panels, a simple drop in crappy radio and a beachwood gear shiftet

:hmm: i have been sitting patiently to comment on this thread and now when i can...i cant seem to remember. so instead, i shall say one thing: bugatti veyron is a luxury car that goes reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly fast. an enzo is a toned down f1 car. apples and oranges.

ill agree wih that, but the enzo appeals to me far more. Would I buy the veyron? hell yes, but more just to say I have it.

What I would really really like is VW test track they used for it, hot damn can you imagine a millenia having that access, in a no fly zone, 60 miles of private secluded track, extreme high bank turns you can take at 150mph, a 5 mile straight away, brillant

maybe the L, however S owners have been over 150.

and besides, even if you can't go 220mph, it would still be a badass track to have, and frankly, if I had the money, I WOULD build it, and like wise if I could afford 60 miles of private maximun security test track in wooded areas...maybe even with a bridge or skinning along the water side, then I could afford the cars to properly test it....like buying 2-4 year old F1 cars

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...