Which Film

Jdubs99

Lumar isn't available in this area, but Quantum is. I just wanted some general opinions between getting Quantum metalic based film, and the regular dye based film. The metalic obviously is going to merit an additional ticket if pulled over for a primary offense, which will probably never happen. This film is guaranteed to never get a purplish hue. On the Avenger, I had 80% tint on all windows, pulled over with primary offense, but never a ticket. The shitty town tinter did the job with 3M film that purpled within 4 years and because of the illegal tint level, i didn't recieve a warranty, even with mullet length hairs trapped on the passenger side window.

Is it worth a secondary ticket to tint with metallic with a lifetime warranty on workmanship and product, versus the cost of a secodary violation every time I'm pulled over for a primary offense (not likely), versus using dye based tint with a minimal secondary violation based on past experience with law enforcement on a primary offense. Money between both options on work performed is not an issue. Thanks for your input.

I'm not sure how your state works, but in va window tint is a primary offense and every few months the cops go on kicks where they just pull over people with tint.

Also, 80% is legal in all states, tint is usually measured in the amount of light it lets though. I have 20% so only 20% of all light gets through it, its pretty dark, but not enough where you can't see in if your trying.

As for quality, maaco makes excellent film. I'm going on 6 years with mine now and its as perfect as the day I got it, but keep in mind quality installation has just as much to do with it as the actually film.

Yea, i guess i reversed my numbers, kentucky is definately a state with tint laws mainly because our chief export is marijuana (no facetiousness).

BHR, is maaco a dye based tint or metallic based tint? That brand is not available in my area, but I'm interested in the base material. I'm setting an appointment tuesday morning to get mine done, and I appreciate everyone's input.

I'm assuming your referring to the reflective type tint? If so you don't add 2 levels, that will double it, you just order the silver type film. I don't think its a dye based because it comes with a lifetime warrenty if professional installed. Since its the dye that turns purple but is cheaper, they must not use it.

• 3 weeks later...