I Gotto Hand It To Remus

I'm not sure if other exhaust systems have this, but its the first I have seen. Remus, an excellent exhaust maker in both quality, research, and output has introduced the step design muffler, basically its there same universal exhaust, but with the inlet pipe stepped in 3 different sizes, meaning instead of having to track down a certain size or tip style in the U.S there is just 1, you cut off the smaller size you don't need, and bam, its even more universal, and frankly, on behalf of remus it really lowers operating costs whatever affected net sales, brillant....and for millenia owners this is EXCELLENT, L owners with the 2.25, S owners who don't want a custom exhaust, and S owners who want a custom exhaust, 1 fits all

http://remusexhaustshop.com/catalog/index.php

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good idea in theory, but look how long the inlet is. The inlet alone is almost as long as the can itself. I can't think of a car that has the primary that goes such a long distance straight into the muffler. You would either have to get the inlet bent, or cut it off and modify. Thus defeating the whole purpose.

i agree the inlet is way too long. the remus just fits under the milly, i went with 2.5 on the old ride and it was very tight but they got the muffler to stick out straight instead of sideways like most of the coffee cans you see. i'm not shure how straight they could get it if you go 2.25 or even smaller and keep that whole thing on there, if i remember correctly the inlet was over a foot long...

since this is a universal muffler design you can't fault them as you'll have to weld and cut anyway.

and if you have a 2.5 for example the inlet would actually be shorter then as it use to come (about 4.5")

i ment i used the 2.5" tubing for the system so they accually cut the entire inlet off.

chitown...I'm trying to do something with my jeep and what you just described is almost exactly it. I need to get a 3" pipe in, but the largest muffler inlet for what I want is 2.75...bastards, anyway, is it actually possible to simply cut off the inlet, drill a bigger hole, weld a new inlet up to it, connect it to the rest of the system and not have any problems.

I mean I assume the internal design is the same for all inlet sizes, but seriously, is this possible with NO drop in performance or change of sound?

chitown...I'm trying to do something with my jeep and what you just described is almost exactly it. I need to get a 3" pipe in, but the largest muffler inlet for what I want is 2.75...bastards, anyway, is it actually possible to simply cut off the inlet, drill a bigger hole, weld a new inlet up to it, connect it to the rest of the system and not have any problems.

I mean I assume the internal design is the same for all inlet sizes, but seriously, is this possible with NO drop in performance or change of sound?

Hello everybody,

My name is Mat and I'm a sales representative at RemusExhaustShop.

The stepped inlet design is only available to a selected range of tip style : Twin 02, Twin Turbo, Twin Future, Single Turbo, Single Future, Single Round 4.02".

The internal design is the same for all inlet sizes, 2,5' on the inside. The mufflers are straight through but still filtered. For ultimate performance we recommend the racing titanium series.

We will be glad to answer any other questions through this thread, we will not make any sales however since we are not a registered sponsor and it would go agaisnt the board policies.

Best Regards,

Matt

Actually we try to push remus exhaust systems for quality and appeal since the millenia is a luxury car with the soul of a sports car, remus has proven to suit the car very well in terms of sound, performance, and quality, any fart can is simply unacceptable..

The original question was if you "could" take say a 2.25 inlet with no step, cut off the entire inlet, drill out a 2.5 hole, then weld on a new inlet. The millenia S works well with a custom 2.5" exhaust but many owners have complained that not all the tip styles come in 2.5

Of course on behalf of remus I think the worst idea was dropping the twin round and angled tip.

That is indeed the design I was referring to that many on this site have expressed interest in, but to my knowledge it does not come in a 2.5" inlet. Of course on many remus sites, including there own I no longer see it for sale.

If it is still in production and in a 2.5" inlet that would be fantasic

wait i was going to order a twin angled from http://www.autoaccessorystore.com in like a week or 2 but its the same price as the one that you gotta order 10. what the difference?

if you select twin angled the small sample pic looks the same, but when you look at the full page graffic of the different mufflers the one listed as "twin angled" has a more square looking tips to it...i am confused.

but now i remember purchasing my old remus from that same place, i was very satisfied...