Code P1540?

Does anyone know what code P1540 means? I was driving my milly today and the tsc light came on again and the car bucked!!! Brought it right to my mechanic, he thinks it might be the intake!!! I'm calling tomorrow to see whats up, i don't know but if it's the intake THAT SUCKS....He said my comp. thinks it's the stock one and can't handle it maybe? Does the exhaust effect any of this???

Like a new exhaust, remus? would that affect anything?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man this one is easy. Just get under the hood and get familiar with miller cycle.. Once you found the 3 solenoids by firewall (under EGR) you can track everything.. And they are easier to find than alternator..

Sry dude thats really confusing to me lol i'd rather have a professional do it, maybe my dad know how but he's sleeping

Sry dude thats really confusing to me lol i'd rather have a professional do it, maybe my dad know how but he's sleeping

Believe me, the "professionals" do not know the milly engine either, I would rather fumble with something I do not know, than pay someone to do the same.

He put the old intake in and before he cleared the codes, he wrote them down and they both have to do with the ABV, p1525 and p1540, and the thing is if it happens again i dont know which one of those valves and lines it will be, and there gonna be expensive, that colored diagram, i get it but which would it be and how would i figure out which one???