Help!!!!!

fallensoldier1986

hmm, well, there could be other problems with the ohm output, but it may work. I would recommend going out and buying an aftermarket radio install harnass for your 929 (5-10 dollars), on it the colors will be listed for that harnass that you can match up to the 626, you would think mazda would use the same wires but I guess not.

as a general rule of thumb,

black is ground

red is power

yellow is acc and/or main power

orange is acc if yellow is power and there is no red.

then (and I'm not sure) there will either be 4 sets of output wires, or 8 wires, look for any pair of wires, 1 a solid color, the other the same color but with a black strip running down the wire. the solid will be postive, the striped negative. Once you have 4 speakers you can either guess, or test. ideally the the front and rear will be similar colors (like light grey/ dark grey) and then the the other end of the car something eles. hope this helps

Chances are on that car you have an OEM amp, you should have some wires left, one of those is a turn on lead. use a fused connection (5 amp if you have one) and apply 12 volts to each lead. When you find the right one you may hear a relay click and audio play immediately there after.

Chances are on that car you have an OEM amp, you should have some wires left, one of those is a turn on lead. use a fused connection (5 amp if you have one) and apply 12 volts to each lead. When you find the right one you may hear a relay click and audio play immediately there after.

hmmm... ok... how do I go about doin this? Where do I get a fused connector? and how do you apply wattage?

a cd player install is usually 50 + a harnass, butthey will charge more for this.

most likely the turn on j is talking about is blue or orange and has no matching wire. Then there should just be the sets of outputs.

Now, I can't promise this is going to work, different HU might have a different output and the amps won't work, same thing happens when putting an aftermarket in where there are preamps, just takes some cleaver wiring.

Your not in over your head, just make sure to get all the connections good and tight

• 1 month later...

yes.... i did get the stereo working. a buddy of mine that knows much more about stereos helped me out. we kinda just mixed and matched wires and now i have sound. still..... i only have sound on the right side of the car, but its better than silence. i need to locate the second plug that goes to the 626 stereo, i think thats what makes the left side work... i dont know

jdubs,

what do you think about wiring in a HU from a completely different car?

for example a Jeep, if it were possible to power on the radio, get all the speaker connections and everything, just leaving out the cd changer is there any reason it wouldn't work?

I only ask because the new navigation unit for the 08 wrangler is EXACTLY a double din unit, and its nav antenna mounts behind the dash....

• 5 weeks later...

The major problem you will run into is a secure mounting method, and any critical electronic circuits inside that nav unit. One way to see if the latter is an issue is to remove the radio, and see if you get any error lights. Many newer vehicles are including parts of OEM security systems inside of radios. Mounting is probably a lesser concern, mostly a trial and error process.

The nav system might be a concern if it accepts input from either the transmission/speed sensor as part of the algorithm to fix a more precise location. It may also require an input from a gear sensor, but unlikely on a factory nav system.

The easier part is installing a GPS antenna.

• 3 weeks later...