Which To Choose And How Much?

Frankzao

so for me personally its a hobby, not an investmant, sure some people may pay 30k and then later get back 5.

what I cannot stand is economy cars trying to be badass, the new nissan ALTIMA fully loaded is something like 31k, that is beyond disgusting since 10 years ago an INFINITI i30 was only 31k, the altima fully loaded should be like 15k max,

so for me personally its a hobby, not an investmant, sure some people may pay 30k and then later get back 5.

what I cannot stand is economy cars trying to be badass, the new nissan ALTIMA fully loaded is something like 31k, that is beyond disgusting since 10 years ago an INFINITI i30 was only 31k, the altima fully loaded should be like 15k max,

10 yrs ago all cars were about a 1/3 less.... inflation is a wonderful thing. 1987 BMW 325i was $24,000 Canadian... what is it now? over $60K

the price you got it at is almost insulting to the millenia name, only thing I would check is making sure the 60k service was done

I was NOT complaining about the price. I commented because I am POOR. Worth $12K? DEFINITELY! Would I have paid 12K? NO. The extra $1200 pinches my budget. That's all. My ultimate price (that I could offord vs. what it was worth to replace my current Milly) is what I got it for. :w00t2:

camel, let me make this very clear, the increase price of cars has only about 5% to do with inflation.

the other 95 is people thinking an economy car should have leather, gps, and optional hid's.

its hippies forcing automakers to spend BILLIONS an d r&d to get the better fuel mileage at the same performance (lets face it, people aren't going to settle for something crappy) the other huge issue is the use of safety features once reserved for luxury cars and computers systems now being put on anything, its disgusting, these things were put in place to save the rich and weed out the weak through there own bad driving.

people have come to "expect" more from a car then what they should, all cars offering leather, special alum trim, sport packages.

example, 10 years ago only cars with a 20-25k price tag and up comes with true rims, and most of the time they were 15-17 at the most for luxury cars, also economy cars were light and only had disc brakes up front.

now a civic, the bottom line eco car has 17" rims, and all cars have front and rear disc's, if it was for safety maybe, fact of the matter is people "expect" it to look better and the added weight from crap means its needed.

I think its disgusting when people "expect" something, you get what your skills and abilities earn, nothing more, and nothing less.

we will not get into the ecosystem, hippy dreams.

the problem is that people are trying to change what an economy car is, this will further reduce economic growth and widen the gap between the rich and the poor, as it will pull the middle class into the poorer area by increasing the lowest price possible dramistical higher then current inflation rates, hence overall net bills will be higher, causing a lack of excess income, slowing "free" spending, slowig economic growth and fostering penny pinching.

a fully loaded civic 6 years ago cost 15k, now it will cost almost 23k.

I cite the g35 as the most glaring example of this, when released in 02/03 a fully loaded model would cost you 34k and change, now in 2007, using the same exact car with nothing but changing the design of the rims, but all be it the EXACT same car, same optins and everything fully loaded will cost you 42-46k (depending on location within the US) a 26% increase on the EXACT same car with an estimated 2.7% inflation rate.

so in reality (assuming you are given COLA) you must spend an extra 24% and change for the same car, some more options on the car itself, but the market itself is greatly hurt. This is why leases are becoming so popular, but companies are leasing used cars now 2-3 times

• 7 years later...

2000 Millenia S

I got it shifty.gifdrool.gifmf_w00t2.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mf_w00t2.gifmf_w00t2.gifmf_w00t2.gif

RIP 01/31/2015 :cry: