Rebuilt Lysholm Compressor Pics

ChiTown

Chi, can you get a picture in the throttle body end? I would like to see what they do when they replace the bearing caps, I have heard there is a new machine aluminum cap to smooth the airflow...

[attachmentid=791] Here is my bad one in pieces

[attachmentid=792]

rebuild_sc_003.jpg

rebuild_sc_004.jpg

woah, slow down, what happened to your old one, how much was the S/C, what is install, how long will it take?

When i bought the car it smoked blue at startup and had a little bit of oil in the intercoolers and s/c, hasnt exactly gotten worse but i dont want to foul the pecats or sensors so i am taking care of it now and will expect the milly to run for a loooong time. I got the car $3,800US under bluebook (private party value/not dealer) so i am still in the black.

MTS was right on with the price but here are the specifics: $1650 for the s/c, there is a $300 core charge but i paid with a major credit card (AMEX) so they did not charge me yet. If they dont get the core back they will. You are also supposed to return the core in 14 days (which may be cutting it close depending on the dealers install time which i dont know) but it says you can call them if there is an issue with that. It took the dealer a week to aquire the gaskets needed....

Shipping for the s/c was only $30 (each way) and a return label for the core came along in the package. So the total amount charged was $1710.00US.........Install is $1385.00, i got them to cut out the cost of labor for changing the plugs since they are going to have all that shit apart anyway and when they diagnosed the car the morons just checked off everything on that saftey checklist even though my front two tires are like slicks (been waiting to replace), they also sent me a coupon in the mail for a free carwash and 100 bucks off any service so i will be using that as well.....grand total, as far as i know right now, (with coupon) $2995.00US. Not bad, i feel like that is as good as its going to get from the stealer....

Chi, can you get a picture in the throttle body end? I would like to see what they do when they replace the bearing caps, I have heard there is a new machine aluminum cap to smooth the airflow...

[attachmentid=792]

I know it has upgraded seals and bearings....do just want me to open the red cap and get a pic of the throttle body end? I dont want to take it apart at all....

from their wesite: supercharger rebuild process:

A core is completely disassembled, cleaned, inspected and all clearances checked. All bearings and seals in the front housing are replaced with new High Quality Torrington Premium Bearings. PSE replaces all housing bearings and rear needle bearings with new High Quality INA Premium needle bearings. PSE also installs brand new bypass butterflies and updates all butterfly assemblies so that premature wear and boost loss does not occur. PSE has improved front nose drive sealing on Original units that prolongs the life of your unit.

The gears are removed from the rotor shafts for replacement of the bearings and seals and rotors are carefully inspected. The rotors and gears are lined up in correct phase and pressed on using top quality, custom fabricated equipment. This process is the most common process that is missed by other competitors due to the complex process of replacing the bearings and seals and re-phasing of the rotors. There are companies stating that they have replaced these bearings only to find they have never been replaced. The process of replacing these bearings is very difficult and time consuming and requires modifications and adapter plates made to support the new bearings. Also the seals are an oddball size and are not available. PSE has gone through great lengths and has these seals custom made to meet OEM standards. 90% of the cores PSE receives from competitors never had the bearings replaced, and the customer has been deceived.

Here’s one of the many examples of what can be found during the inspection process of a supercharger that the owners tried to repair themselves. By not having knowledge and understanding of the disassembly process of this Autorotor, the customer damaged the intake grate beyond repair.

The Supercharger is then sanitized and carefully hand assembled to exacted tolerances and preloads. Some superchargers are pre-heated to 300 Deg.F to check for proper specifications and clearances. All units are carefully inspected before shipping by PSE Company Owner and Founder, Ed Martinez.

seems odd they would have such an extreme, lifetime compared to 2 years (although it does say unlimited mileage?)

What i am wondering is what warranty mazda gives you when you buy one form them?? i will be asking them monday, 2 years is good with me...

They told me 3500 for a s/c from them, i dont know if that is new or rebuilt but its seems to me that if my cars failed after only 54000 miles i would prefer one that exceeds factory specs from PSE :)

After reading up on pse at some other sites they seem to have a very good rep. This issue has come up before and they are hte only company to actually do everything that would be involved in a TRUE rebuild. Wasn't it miller who got a "rebuilt" s/c a few months ago and maybe some bearings were changed and silver paint added?

without coupon, figure at the most 3200, not bad at all for this, excellent find

After reading up on pse at some other sites they seem to have a very good rep. This issue has come up before and they are hte only company to actually do everything that would be involved in a TRUE rebuild. Wasn't it miller who got a "rebuilt" s/c a few months ago and maybe some bearings were changed and silver paint added?

without coupon, figure at the most 3200, not bad at all for this, excellent find

It does look like the s/c was painted silver, good job though, you cant pic/scrape it off and seems very durable. who knows how many original miles the s/c has on it...? it is however from a 97-02, not shure what they changed on the s/c after 96, PSE sells two versions...

[attachmentid=792]

I know it has upgraded seals and bearings....do just want me to open the red cap and get a pic of the throttle body end? I dont want to take it apart at all....

NO NO, just remove the red cap...

[attachmentid=792]

Here is a pic, i only got one this morning before my camera died and i had to rush to work. the car is at the stealer right now, they told me it will be done by tomorrow night, in the meantime i have the crappiest rental ever....a PT Cruiser.

IPB Image