The Scion Tc

MazdaMomma

My Xedos still has its factory battery. I expect 10 years and usually they last that long. 14 years in my 75 Corolla.

Heat is the enemy of batteries and you dont live in the hottest climate for sure thats why you get very long battery life IMO. Carry your jumper cables with you tough. I first get a CEL after a startup about TCM ECU communication error or something. I assume weak battery caused the code.

Yes I know, but maintenance is important too. I carry jumper cables in my old Hiace, but not in the Xedos. There is still plenty of guts in my battery. I've used the jumper cables to assist others, which I would't want to do with the Xedos. Not good for the electronics.

As long as their regulator is good, no problem. I connect chassis to chassis instead of direct battery grounds for more resistance in case anything happens..

Hmm no. The sparks will cause a current spike that can only pull the voltage at the donor car end lower. Lower voltage will not burn anything but can cause system hang up for which i am 100% sure there are procedures in the software. You cannot pass the voltage that is available in the system so easily. Of course first chasses should be connected to equalize grounds.