I'am The Trout Rider

Troutman

IPB ImageIPB Image
1999 Holden Calais

I finally got some pics of the Holden today. It has taken a long time due to my needing to complete a spoiler removal project as well as organising a proper outing.

GM-owned Holden makes its models, mainly full size sedans, in South Australia. The Calais an upmarket version of the Commodore with a higher equipment level, but otherwise identical. The VT series was first released in 1997, based loosely on the European Opel Omega platform. This is why the doors look the same as an Omega or for that matter a Cadillac Catera.

Mine is the series II update, which saw 4 airbags standard and the availability of the all-alloy 5.7 litre Chevy 350 (most of them have a Buick 3.8 V6). It is teamed to a 4 speed automatic. This example has done 78,000 kms which is about half of average.

Minor mods include debadging, de-spoilering, de-tutoning and tinting. It has had a tune which means 190-200 kilowatts (maybe 260 horsepower) at the rear wheels. Or almost 2 stock 800Ms. :smartass: Liquid injection LPG has also been fitted.

IAM THE TROUT RIDER

IPB Image

There is no substitute for classy looks.

I recognized the Omega resemblance before reading it. Here they mainly came with a 2,0 4-pot developing 136 hp, with 2,5 and 3,2 V6 as rare exceptions. I can see you'll have a slight advantage when it comes to power to weight ratio. How is the lowrange grunt compared to the 500?

Despoiling it was a good descision obviously. Congrats man. Though I suggest you reread the first line in this post 10 times and perform a restart of your computer.

Of course small-engined manual cars feel faster than they are due to being 'zippy'. Numbers tell the real story. Most of my normal driving is at under 1,500 rpm, including accelerating up to 80 km/h, and it can even make it up most hills like that. Something I wouldn't recommend with a 2.0 V6, even as delightfully sweet a motor as the Eunie's.

Yes, an early 90ies heritage from the late 80ies. Problem is your car is late 90ies. Beyond expire date.

I've concluded. Albeit an afterthought I still like the separates better. But leaving bootlid lights, not unlike Milly shape, with mid section painted would make your Holden unique and possibly even look good. Isn't there already a convex shaped bootlid part of the light?

Give me a break. The Scorpio was launched in 94 and quickly became a bad design milestone. Subaru is, and always was a copycat.

The 5door GE 626 launched in 92 was in my opinion a good design; the rearends integrated spoiler and full width lights stands out from the crowd to this day. But Mazda wisely avoided full width lights on the 4door model, and God forbid the same era Xedos with siblings.

IPB ImageIPB Image

1999 Holden Calais

I finally got some pics of the Holden today. It has taken a long time due to my needing to complete a spoiler removal project as well as organising a proper outing.

GM-owned Holden makes its models, mainly full size sedans, in South Australia. The Calais an upmarket version of the Commodore with a higher equipment level, but otherwise identical. The VT series was first released in 1997, based loosely on the European Opel Omega platform. This is why the doors look the same as an Omega or for that matter a Cadillac Catera.

Mine is the series II update, which saw 4 airbags standard and the availability of the all-alloy 5.7 litre Chevy 350 (most of them have a Buick 3.8 V6). It is teamed to a 4 speed automatic. This example has done 78,000 kms which is about half of average.

Minor mods include debadging, de-spoilering, de-tutoning and tinting. It has had a tune which means 190-200 kilowatts (maybe 260 horsepower) at the rear wheels. Or almost 2 stock 800Ms. :smartass: Liquid injection LPG has also been fitted.

IAM THE TROUT RIDER

IPB Image

Not bad Trout, tho it looks more like a buick regal (1992) than it does the cadiallac catera.