My Room Is Too Silent

Jdubs99

Yea, the new generation of Zune is coming out. One is supposedly going to be a flash based "Nano", the other is a buffed up hard drive model. Best Buy doesn't honor certain manufacturer warranties anymore, so I'm going to have to be careful and gather information before my Zune goes into the microwave for 5 seconds.

It's been great for the arts, and toppling what the music industry has done to real music. If you are talking about people being disconnected from society, then I agree.

no no no.

infact you've struck a cord with me jdubs, and one of the primary reasons why I hate them.

You see in the "old days" you had to have talent to be an artist, you had to be able to sing, and you had to be able to write, now a days they find some slut who just turned 18, slap on some silicone, pay people to write songs, and the computer does the rest.

The problem with this and its affect on society is when there was such good music, worth listening to you had to get a record, or a tape, or a cd, find a player, and listen, or wait for it on the radio, you had to make an active effort to listen.

NOW, with everything being crap, and not 1 but 2 channels of "Music Television" playing roughly 15 minutes of "video's" a day, people are BLASTED with crap all day long, every piece of shit is a ring tone, or in a commercial, thrown across the internet in profiles, videos, and at 3 cliks you have it, you can't escape the crap, and sadly sooner then later people forgot what good music was.

Additionally, politically climate wise things are perfectly fine, in reality people need to shut the fuck up, because of things like ipods and the internet people think they can have whatever they want and that anything is possible, well shut the fuck up, things get done because there is still a budget, and just like when your parents grounded you for not doing your homework, the goverment has more experiance then the common person and knows what works best, or what is often the bright side of a lose lose sitution.

Look at all this fucking retards saying to over throw bush and that its forming an empire to overthrow democracy (see colbert report non-male guest comparing us to pre-nazi germany) it will never happen, its not the intent, and this retards seem to forgot, presidents are limited to 2 terms, which means in barely over a year a new president will be elected (hopefully fred thomas or we're all screwed and I'm getting a bomb shelter and generators) and with in 15 months a new president will take office and bush will be retired.

over population and a lack of common sense riddle the world, monks thinking god will protect them against automatic weapons so its ok to bum rush them? katrina actually even making it on the news more then a week later, seriously. We are draining our resources at an unbelievable rate, and this worthless drains in some 3rd world country should get help because they can't shut there legs? you sit in the dirt all day and can't even feed yourself, so clearly you should pop out 6 more problems.

genocide is a good start, but its not enough.

world wide the population should be widdled down to just under 3 billion

in the U.S down to 180 million, AND landmines on the border to the south...I will continue this post after I finish my lunch

Hmm, might have to move this.

Too many coincidences going on with upper level politics right now. Remember skull and bones? All human strife is tied to either money or power. If you consider them a rough equation, they equal each other, call the combination influence. I.E. in the 20th century, many prominent families (using old money) established a power base within our goverment. The surnames have had certain positions damn near passed down to them. Conversely, "new money" families used newly acquired wealth to buy positions in government. The bush family can be considered as such. Old money in combination with ambition for power put this family where it is today. The Bin Laden family and other arab families were heavily involved in the oil trade due to 20th century colonialism in the capitalist sense. Things are further complicated by the heavy investment of Arab families in the largest banks in America. Citibank for example. Everything comes back into the relationship of power and money, and those in the top tier of both wishing to propagate the system. Consider the fact that the average debt per family in America just with credit cards is 25,000. The whole war, in my opinion, is an excuse to create more influence for those that have it, and exercise a higher level of control over the masses. Inflation creates the right atmosphere for debt, interest guarantees that a cash surplus can't be generated, and the masses are held at bay in this country. In Iraq, we are exercising military power, with futures in oil coming down the line. If you are student of the Middle east, as I am right now in school, you'd realize that our CIA created the very terrorist we are fighting right now. We supplied arms to the Mujahadeen in Afganistan during the russian invasion. After the conflict, the Mujahadeen warlords split up and controlled areas of the country. Crime was rampant, so a fundamentalist group called the Taliban rose up, and overthrew the warlords. The everyday people of Afganistan let this regime change take place. Islamic law was better than chaos. The fundamentalist Islam, with their own beliefs of Jihad, are what attacked us on 9/11. Belief in fundamentalist Islam all comes back to a denial of basic human rights, ergo imposing power. At this point, we are basically throwing fuel on the fire right now. Patriot missile attacks, our troops killing misidentified targets, etc. We are creating a culture of hate toward the west in the middle east. The fact that everyday Joe Schmoe in america didn't start making massive protest at the announcement of the Iraq invasion scares me. I guess going to work and trying to pay off interest on debt was and has been more important in this entire ordeal. Human lives, on both sides, are being traded for influence everyday to propagate the elite on both sides to maintain influence. If you've studied philosphy, the whole problem with humanity is the construct of dominant/submissive relationship, as the entire history of man has shown.

The future: There is no easy way out of this war. Both the conservative and liberal stances on withdrawl are going to be ugly for either us or them, probably both.

The American military was never able to fulfill the Bush "surge". It would require a draft. In this day and age, i guarantee the middle class will not tolerate it. Unfortunately, our lower class saw military service as a way to move up (hence the current $20,000 signing bonus). The educated middle class college kids (like myself) can globalize. There is no honor or glory in dying, it just means you've checked out. It's sad when a young person full of potential, has no choice but to risk his/her life just to get ahead. I in no way, shape, or form am slighting vets giving their lives, I am ashamed of a country that forces the lesser fortunate to do so. I am from a military family, both grandfathers served in WWII, my father in Vietnam, and my uncle a chief in the Navy. All of them are ashamed of this war.

IMO, democrats having the presidency and house/senate will at least start showing some results in this war. Most likely at stepped egress from Iraq.

Iran will invade Iraq, as detente between the two no longer exists.

Thanks to a weak Pakistan government, three rogue nations now have access to nuclear weapons thanks to the head of Pakistani nuclear lead physicist Dr. Kahn. Musharif granted him a full pardon, with absolutely no punishment. Our state department supported Musharif in his decision. Way to go!

My conclusions:

A major terrorist act will happen to a western country within the next 5 years. 9/11 will pale in comparison. Could be biological or nuclear, and it could be the US.

When Iran invades Iraq, the US will institute a draft within 1 year. My brother and I will be expatriating.

I'm not risking my life to stabilize pump prices. I'll take a bike to work.

As far as the situation in Myanmar, the monks did nothing to provoke attack by the government. The government has control of fuel costs per taxes or subsidies. As a citizen, if I'm partaking in a peaceful protest, and armed government officials show up, with a past of killing civilians in the same situation, at the very least, I'm going to try to have a means to protect myself. Use common sense, the average individual is putting himself in the lion's den. Fuel costs in that country HAVE FORCED the issues of life and death. We had a revolution in 1776 based on lesser issues.

As far as population restraint, I agree on that one. It comes down to common sense. Human physiology/psychology doesn't change, but birth control methods are cheaper than food at this point. Unfortunately, you've got the issue of culture to contend with. In eastern undeveloped cultures, the size of a family = wealth. Wealth= cash/power (influence). It all comes back down to dominant/submissive relationships between human beings.

Ok, intellectual rant done.

• 1 month later...