Mazda

Jdubs99

they haven't created a luxury vehicle since the Millenia?? Seems like everyone is trying to get into the 4 door performance/luxury car market. The 20 somethings will be getting into "old money" soon, seems like a good time to get back in the "Milly" game. I'm seeing mazda 6s and 3s everywhere, seems like a good time to get back in with the strong presence they have now.

I think that ship has sailed, it was trendy to do it in the 80's and early 90's, but then budget short falls and everything eles combined with them. I think the automotive market is in a horrible place right now, creating random car after car for just a few years to fill the tinyiest nich market, the problem of course is the people who fill these do something because its trendy so after a year they don't want the car.

Right now creating a "new" car would be nearly impossible with so many choices, let alone luxury cars which will of course have larger engines and use more fuel.

Well, if you fill in the gaps for those niche markets, re-use the Miller cycle for marketing fuel benefits, and come out strong on advertising it would be a great success imo. They already rebuilt the image Mazda image on trendy, lower price cars. Lexus has nothing really attractive to offer now, Infiniti is living on the G series apparently, Acura is having moderate success in changing it's image, and Hyundai and Kia are still trying to build up a quality image. Seems like Mazda is intentionally avoiding an opportunity they are fit to take with the right work involved.

I think the automotive market is in a horrible place right now, creating random car after car for just a few years to fill the tinyiest nich market, the problem of course is the people who fill these do something because its trendy so after a year they don't want the car.

I actually read that "uglier" cars actually are getting better sales than regular looking cars. Which is why we're getting designs like the new "crossover vehicles".

• 1 month later...

I guess people figure it's gonna get fucked up in the course of 2.5 kids, parking lot disrespect, and the occasional backing into other cars.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the automotive market is in a horrible place right now, creating random car after car for just a few years to fill the tinyiest nich market, the problem of course is the people who fill these do something because its trendy so after a year they don't want the car.

I actually read that "uglier" cars actually are getting better sales than regular looking cars. Which is why we're getting designs like the new "crossover vehicles".

Like the new Nissan Rogue... :sick: