Rotary Engine Warmup/cool Down

enginph

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a good tractor damn it, when it started....

the only real problem was in the spring when we took it out for the first time, took probably 20 minutes and some starter fluid directly in the carb to get it going.

Now I have a bit less gas, but no trees in the middle.

These motors needs abit of fine tuning to become reliable performers. It is a question of finding the perfect mixture of gas and air during startup. I opt for injected behaviour on all my carbed engines; steady, slightly high idle during warmup.

your retarded 1. for not reading the post, 2. for not understanding how an engine gets flooded, and 3. to point out, I never said maintance, if you abuse your car to the point a fuel injection system causes flooding then clearly your not capable of handling a car and are the kind of person to ruin engines, never change the oil, buy multiply sets of muffler bearings, and complain when it starts to smoke

You're hardly qualified to give a verdict of how I treat my engines or vehicles. My oldest engine was built in 1944 and is still running strong. With mistreatment I mean starting it, and then stopping it again in less than one minute. Then it tends to run on less than 6 next time it is started, at least for one minute. I don't know for a fact it is due to flowing, but knowing the engine is soaked in gas during cold startup makes me guess it is so. And it does help shutting off in Drive to reduce RPM's if I have to do it, which tells me less soaking without ignition helps. It has been like this since I got it, and things like changing the plugs made no difference. But avoiding said treatment prevents it from happening. Some of us are able to adjust behaviour according to experiences in life.