Leds

ChiTown

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as far as the #74 bulb there seems to be some controversy.

BHR says single LED #74 inverted lense (which BTW BHR can you post a link to it, cant find it)

Saint says 2 LED HI Flux

Trout says 3 LED (Tri-Power)

Anyone agree on which is best?

I just bought those to my brother, and posted the picture. They are not great afterall, try others..

• 6 months later...

Either you have a high-voltage issue and all LEDs will fail rapidly in that application without further mods, or it was a problematic bulb. Though unlikely, some 800Ms had electrical problems which saw the boot light on 24/7 which would destroy a high power LED very quickly.

I have been fascinated by a new product out now, which involves a 3w LED with a diffuser to illuminate 360 degrees. Has the potential for brilliant performance and the maker makes big claims, however it will take time before HID planet members have done thorough testing. At this time I'm not wanting to rush into it until others have given feedback.

For members, see

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic....asc&start=0

Well It was on for some time. I was working under the car and I keep the trunk open when I work. Then I realized it doesnt work anymore. Put another one now, lets see if it is that particular bulb or all are busted.

One of my brake LEDs is half off. It was one of the first primitive LEDs. The 100ohm resistor is melted. Who the hell said LEDs last longer?