Finally, A Cai For The S...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, not don.

he has a 2.5, which already has a JK intake

I never had an intake in mine. I had missed JK's group buys but I will have one this Saturday. I managed to get my hands on one from a former Millenia owner. I can't wait to hear and feel the POWER......LOL!

ok,ok i'm here...i told you guys i am very busy right now. currently in a hostile corporate takeover trying to kick my business partner out of the company for multiple administrative infractions. my number one concern is making shure i can still pay all my bills after lawyer fees....

anywho, still looking for a better deal on a bulk buy of tubing.

I am shure that you could paint the polished aluminum tubing with some high heat flat black spray paint and it would look good.

If you dont want blue silicone grommets i have to get them from another supplier, the 90 degree bends are larger (not as tight of a bend) and would have to be test fitted first.

I currently have one intake without a filter and blue silicone grommets ready to go, if anyone wants to have the first one and give it a test run to assure the board of its quality, sound, and performance i will let it go for 100 US dollars, thats 25 less than i quoted earlier and that includes shipping. The bracket i fabricated to secure the bottom of the tube from bouncing around was made from one of the clamps on the stock intake system, you will have to make your own. I will include instructions, all you will need is some needle nose pliers and some snips to make the bracket..

I originally wanted to have the intake come straight out from the throttle body. currently the resonator box is still attached. Once i get some more time i will try and fabricate the straight tube needed to replace the resonator box. it has 6 vacuum tubes attached to it of 4 different sizes, it is going to take some time and patience to get right. If i can get this done (cant guarantee if or when) i will update any intakes purchased for a small fee to cover the new tube attachment.

no cels, nothing but more power!

if you start to suck up water i dont think the resonator box will save you, but i dont think anyone on this board is dumb enough to drive there milly into 2 or more feet of water...that would be milly abuse!

install will take 30-45 min depending on how quickly you can jack up the car, take off the front driver side wheel, remove the lining, and remove the old airbox assembly. the new intake goes on 1-2-3, and the car gets put back together much quicker.

yeah, that inner fender is a pain.

I of course don't worry about water, but sitting so low driving evne in heavy rain you should be perfectly fine.

I will be working on this some more as well. I would have gone to the parts store today, but I didn't have any front seats in the millenia :shifty:

oh btw mts, lat is going to be pissed you beat him to it.

Nothing on these cars is a pain, if you have patience. Since I do not and will not drive through deep water in a car, it is not a worry of mine. Lat? Aww to fucking bad. I will make a sound clip for her... :shifty:

Not at all MTS. I already looked into it.

for example, carbonfibertubeshop.com 3" is special ordered and would run about 270 according to email I get for just the piping. Then add in couplers and a filter, say 340ish? only 100 more then I paid for my full k&n intake on the jeep.

I have also checked ebay, various sections of 3" piping run about 30 dollars or so for 7". 2 90" ones that are much more expensive then just a straight tube, then a straight section, couplers, and filter, comes out about the same price.

and for a slight increase you can even have a custom weave. for example, red weaved into the carbon fiber, staight one it doesn't look so good, but from different light angles (like a curved intake pipe) it changes a bit. I think it looks really cool. And being true F1 and aircraft grade carbon fiber, its not some rice sticker.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Also, in searching, several cars have production made carbon fiber intakes, mostly chevys for some reason.