Well What The Hell - Speaker

///BHRpowered

So in addition to the serpentine belt needing replacement one my speakers just plain stopped working. I has given me some trouble before, usually I need to turn up the power a bit for it to "kick on" then it would be fine. The other day it just stopped working, no matter what it wouldn't go.

It was never cracking, I have checked my amp and all connections. the crossover is getting power and the tweeter comes on. I took out the speaker, connected a random crappy speaker to the wires and it instantly came on, so its not wiring, and not the headunit or amp.

The cone is fine, what the fuck could it be and can I fix it. Its an Alpine X-series, I'm not even sure if there made anymore, and if so, I'm not paying 600 dollars for another front set. Oh, the other side is perfectly fine.

Its not the amp. I hooked up another speaker in its place and it worked perfectly, plus all other speakers are working, including when channels are changed, its the speaker.

What i mean is disconnect the speaker form teh amp and measure the resistance of the speaker at that point. If it is not connected somehow you will read infinite resistance.

I don't see what that would accomplish, since a speaker hooked into the exact same wires instantly works, I dodn't even have to shut off the amp, just touch and they'll work.

plus the cross over is getting full power.

and if I switch the speaker sides the problem follows that speaker. Its the speaker, that is not in question. I'm wondering WHY its bad and if I can fix it, the cone is good and has never been blown

you said there was no cone damage what so ever?Check your speaker for short behavior. Disconnect your speaker from your car and connect it to the leads of a 9-volt battery. If you here a “pop” or “thump,” then your speaker is probably working properly. Only thing left is the voice coil or magnet is probably damage. By this point just replace the speaker. I will check if they still make that speaker this afternoon.