Well I Finally Got Rid Of...

mts

Here is the new phone, now remember I have no need or desire for a goddamn ghettoberry, palm. or even want email on my phone. I demand a bar style phone, not a stupid fuck'n breakable flip. I want it to be bluetooth, and of course something not many people have. So I got something that is NOT available in Canada, except on grey market. Roger's (my carrier) has only SHIT phones available. AND being unlocked :shifty: I can get a sim card anywhere and use it as a local phone when travelling ;)

IPB Image

Key features

• View your images in excellent clarity on an impressive 2” display with up to 16 million colors
  • Store hundreds of songs, pictures, videos, and documents with more than 1GB of internal memory
  • 2 megapixel digital camera takes high quality pictures and records QCIF quality video to capture those special moments
  • Music and video players means you can enjoy your favorite tracks and videos on the move
  • Talk worldwide with quadband GSM and dual band WCDMA
  • 3G services provide an ‘always on’ broadband connection on your phone for fast data transfer, international roaming, and video streaming
  • Micro USB allows you to connect the phone quickly and easily to your PC or laptop, accessories, and chargers
  • Send and receive high quality SMS, MMS, and email – easily readable on the large display
Music and multimedia
  • Music player supports AAC, eAAC+, and MP3 audio formats
  • Video playback supports H.263, MPEG4, and 3GPP formats and codecs
  • Video streaming supports 3GPP and H.263 formats
Camera and video
  • Resolution of images: 1600 x 1200 pixels
  • Resolution of videos: QCIF/SQCIF, 176 x 144 pixels
  • Image capture: JPEG
  • Video capture: MP4
Size(most important feature)
  • Volume: 47 cc
  • Weight: 94 g with battery
  • Dimensions: 109.8 x 45 x 9.5 mm

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4425411

Now I just need to get a car charger.... maybe when I am over in Germany this year. It has to be genuine Nokia, I do not buy generic copies.

Here is the new phone, now remember I have no need or desire for a goddamn ghettoberry, palm. or even want email on my phone. I demand a bar style phone, not a stupid fuck'n breakable flip. I want it to be bluetooth, and of course something not many people have. So I got something that is NOT available in Canada, except on grey market. Roger's (my carrier) has only SHIT phones available. AND being unlocked :shifty: I can get a sim card anywhere and use it as a local phone when travelling ;)

IPB Image

Key features

• View your images in excellent clarity on an impressive 2" display with up to 16 million colors
  • Store hundreds of songs, pictures, videos, and documents with more than 1GB of internal memory
  • 2 megapixel digital camera takes high quality pictures and records QCIF quality video to capture those special moments
  • Music and video players means you can enjoy your favorite tracks and videos on the move
  • Talk worldwide with quadband GSM and dual band WCDMA
  • 3G services provide an 'always on' broadband connection on your phone for fast data transfer, international roaming, and video streaming
  • Micro USB allows you to connect the phone quickly and easily to your PC or laptop, accessories, and chargers
  • Send and receive high quality SMS, MMS, and email – easily readable on the large display
Music and multimedia
  • Music player supports AAC, eAAC+, and MP3 audio formats
  • Video playback supports H.263, MPEG4, and 3GPP formats and codecs
  • Video streaming supports 3GPP and H.263 formats
Camera and video
  • Resolution of images: 1600 x 1200 pixels
  • Resolution of videos: QCIF/SQCIF, 176 x 144 pixels
  • Image capture: JPEG
  • Video capture: MP4
Size(most important feature)
  • Volume: 47 cc
  • Weight: 94 g with battery
  • Dimensions: 109.8 x 45 x 9.5 mm

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4425411

Now I just need to get a car charger.... maybe when I am over in Germany this year. It has to be genuine Nokia, I do not buy generic copies.

:drool: very nice... don't need the music capability tho. Unfortunately, I would have to change service providers to be able to use one.

Ebay should be full of chargers of all types.

Most of them are aftermarket asian copies.... I want Nokia. And I do not buy from Hong Kong.

Just sent a mail to get hold of partnumber :)

TA05-61-J6X

I will call Mazda and see what they want for it here, just to ballpark the numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

My old 3220 was excellent. It doesnt have unnecessary shit, small, bar, and battery goes around 5-10 days.

IPB Image

Now i got this stupid 5300. Lots of not-so-necessary feature. It lacks the critical features like high volume output, battery life. I couldnt hear when there is noise and battery goes 3 days at most. Typically a day or two with my usage. And yes i turn off every battery hungry options.

IPB Image

For the car charger, i dont think there is any difference between nokia and asian copies electronically. I bet even the components are the same since voltage conversion is not rocket science and kept the same for decades..

People in EU likes stylish bar phones, and here is NA they prefer bulky flip phones. My observations.

My old 3220 was excellent. It doesnt have unnecessary shit, small, bar, and battery goes around 5-10 days.

IPB Image

Now i got this stupid 5300. Lots of not-so-necessary feature. It lacks the critical features like high volume output, battery life. I couldnt hear when there is noise and battery goes 3 days at most. Typically a day or two with my usage. And yes i turn off every battery hungry options.

IPB Image

For the car charger, i dont think there is any difference between nokia and asian copies electronically. I bet even the components are the same since voltage conversion is not rocket science and kept the same for decades..

People in EU likes stylish bar phones, and here is NA they prefer bulky flip phones. My observations.

I had the 3220, was an excellent phone. I wore it out completely. I refuse to have any phone with moving parts... only something to break.

And NUB, the 6500 Classic does handle email, internet, etc.

Ebay should be full of chargers of all types.

Most of them are aftermarket asian copies.... I want Nokia. And I do not buy from Hong Kong.

Just sent a mail to get hold of partnumber :)

TA05-61-J6X

I will call Mazda and see what they want for it here, just to ballpark the numbers.

Updates on this one?

• 2 weeks later...