Help Us Out....

mts

yeah....I hate them, but those reasons aren't good ones

1 - the goverment may front the money for the plates, but the taxpayer buying them covers the cost and them some

2. most cars in the world take these into account, it does almost nothing to affect aerodynamics or cooling, on most cars there designed to not even cover anything

3. I would MUCH rather have it hitting a license plate bracket then damaging the paint requiring hundreds of dollars of work

The license plate bracket then destroys the paint in behind it... and scores the plastic bumper... either way the bumper is affected.

License plate brackets are like pop headlights.... why develop the optimum in aerodynamics and then slap up a couple billboards in front?

Ultimately an expense that is fucking useless....

it would save the people buying the plates some

but like I said, most cars have recessed areas for them and there designed in, about half of the cars even have it high enough to not affect ANYTHING, and as for the bracket, people can live with something you won't see and only pushed in 2 places, when you don't have one the bumper is fucked so you would need to put a plate on

I don't run a front plate on my millenia, but if it got backed into with a plate I would first cut off the persons hand as a warning, then inspect damage, if backed into as is with no plate I would require the entire front bumper be repainted, if not replaced.

• 3 weeks later...