For Sale: 2002 Millenia S W/ Siezed Engine

malice4you

Some of you know my sad story, my baby died on me with 79416 miles. At this point, I do not see myself repairing the car. I would love to see the car go to a loving home where it can be taken care of. I'd really prefer the car to stay within the 'family' - which you guys have felt like over the years. I know that I have not been active here lately, or on the other place for that matter, as work has kept me busy these last few years, but I certainly never forgot you guys. My car will always hold special memories to me, and I would much rather it go to someone who understands the love I felt for the car, and I'd love for parts to go out to other members of this family, or have someone lovingly repair her to her original glory.

So....that said....up for sale is my black and silver two-tone 2002 Mazda Millenia S with a siezed engine, sold AS-IS. The interior of this car is in great shape, exterior is in good condition with the exception of two areas. The first is the right rear quarterpanel, immediately behind the wheel well, where the car was hit a SECOND time (in the exact same spot as that first guy who hit my car and ran back in...2006?). The second accident was an old guy pulled out of a parking spot into my car as I was driving down the road. This was not repaired and is still damaged, though to be honest, it's only slightly dented and scraped. The other area that is of any concern is the right front bumper area, where I was forced off the road onto a curb and a rock on two separate occasions. These are simply scrapes on the paint, though they are to the plastic or whatever that material is.

This car will come with 2001 16" L rims mounted, not the 17" S rims. Tires are 215/55/16 Blizzak LM22 snow tires for the fronts, Avon tires on the rear (I'd have to look at these for the exact models), but these are 225/50/16 all season rears. Both front/rear sets have at least 50% tread left.

On the car is a 2.5" catback exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, the catback was from Plat's milly, the muffler is newer as that was replaced after the first hit and run accident in 2006. Car also has Eibach lowering springs.

I replaced both the brake pads and rotors in I believe May of 2009:

Mazda OEM front rotors

Brembo rotors rear

Hawk high performance pads front

Akebono pads rear

Car does not include HIDs, and is back to stock halogen lights. Not that it really matters, but one fog light is out. I can include a 50W, 4300K kit with the car for $25 extra. 50W kit has probably 500-750 hours on it, so it's broken in, but still has years of use on it.

I will need to remove the optima red top battery from the car unless you are willing to pay $140 extra for it. Battery was brand new in August.

I will not part the car out, and I will not ship the car...you want it, you will need a trailer and to be able to come to Whippany, NJ 07981.

I would love to get $500 OBO. I figure if someone wants to part the car out, just the springs and exhaust sales could cover that. If you wanna replace the engine, you'd have a hell of a nice car for about half what the car would normally sell for with a working engine. Make an offer, and I will get back to you.

If you've got questions, please feel free to ask. I'm supposed to get email replies when a reply is posted to this thread, or you can IM me on AIM if you'd like - malice4you - if I am listed as away, just leave me a message.

random, old pics:

http://www.malice4you.com/images/milly_01.jpg

http://www.malice4you.com/images/milly_02.jpg

If you need current pics, let me know.

I will have a number of parts available for the car soon, including a full size spare, sets of S rims (one good set, one more bent set), car bra, some random parts including fog light assemblies, original muffler, original springs, as well as some aftermarket parts like a transmission cooler, SS braided brake lines, 4300K 50W HID low beam kit if they are not purchased with the car, anything else I can find. message me for interest in any of these parts, and if you want the car, I'll discount parts too...just need em gone before I move.

Other than buying it, not really. I can't get under the car right now, nor can I exactly drive it up a ramp. It is currently sitting in my grandfather's yard, on dirt, so it's not really the best place to be working under a car anyway.

Sorry, not the answer you want to hear, I know....

Son of a....I really have to think about this. I know what I can get an engine for, but can't do the full swap myself, if I had someone that could help out that would be different.

I mean seriously, 500?

Maybe 100 in gas towing a uhaul trailer.

I'll have to work out some numbers,

DON - want to go 50/50? You put in 250, I put in 250 and take care of shipping? We swap exhausts, you get the performance one I get your stock?

Son of a....I really have to think about this. I know what I can get an engine for, but can't do the full swap myself, if I had someone that could help out that would be different.

I mean seriously, 500?

Maybe 100 in gas towing a uhaul trailer.

I'll have to work out some numbers,

DON - want to go 50/50? You put in 250, I put in 250 and take care of shipping? We swap exhausts, you get the performance one I get your stock?

this sounds interesting

As I understand it (and malice correct if I'm wrong) Its the same exhaust that plat had custom made and they swapped in 2004/5ish? it was a maryland meet I believe you attended don.

Sometime after that some jackass hit the rear end and bent the pipe, I seem to remember malice purchasing a new muffler and having it put on, so its the same exhaust, but might be new tips?

Either way, I was thinking about swapping the engine but I'm damn low on cash and need to build up reserves, so thats why I suggested the above. It would be some time before I could get to it, but I would of course clean it up and provide shelter.

Either way, I see millenia's with blown engines going for 1000 or more, for a 2002 with low mileage I would start at 2k (unless I buy it)

Somewhat correct.

In...whatever year it was...2006 sounds right, I'd have to look it up to be sure....an old guy hit my car and ran. He hit my right rear quarterpanel, denting and scraping that, and causing the Remus muffler to partly disconnect from the catback. At the repair place, they told me the catback itself was fine, but the muffler itself needed to be replaced. The muffler was replaced with a Magnaflow - which sounds similar, though not quite as nice as the Remus. It does not sound ricey, but there was a quality that the Remus had that the magnaflow doesn't quite have. It still has a nice sound. Anyway, the original exhaust tip from the remus is on the magnaflow, as far as I know. The tip does stick out about 1", and doesn't sit flush like the old one used to...but otherwise looks the same.

• 2 weeks later...

mother of god........... this is my perfect starting point....

i want this sooooo bad but I have no where to put it. I even have the funds for it....

wow, coilovers, rims (plats old 18's - plats car revived!) w/ his exhaust, paint it 1 tone, and all i'd need is a new engine. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ME!!!!!!!!! This is going to go so fast on the open market to someone who has a place to store it while repairs are made.

Malice if we can work something out (while I doubt it), let me know. I have the cash and I know you're legit