Seems like a good idea

///BHRpowered

So the other thread got me thinking about something I have been meaning to do for years. I need a CD changer, but I hate trunk ones, so I want to buy a 6-dosc iso-din in-dash changer and I ran across an old favorite, the pioneer Pioneer XDV-P6. Not only do I think it will look right at home in the millenia, but hte style, especially the buttons blends in so well with my HU. Generally it is a video source for multi-screen cars and works as a DVD changer, but it plays cd/cd-r/cd-rw/mp3/wma etc. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if the HU will control atleast track info?? I assume so, but again its usually a dvd player. clearly I can just press a button to change discs on the unit, but will need track and scan control through the main headunit (pioneer deh-940mp)

IPB Image

there was someone on cardomain who did it, it looks flush, but its so low you can't read the screen very well, and the shifter really is in the way.

upon further research I think you can control the changer entirely from the headunit, it is designed as a hideaway unit to be controlled by either a high end pioneer system or dvd video source. So I should be able to change disc, tracks etc, and everything eles would be the headunit also

there was someone on cardomain who did it, it looks flush, but its so low you can't read the screen very well, and the shifter really is in the way.

upon further research I think you can control the changer entirely from the headunit, it is designed as a hideaway unit to be controlled by either a high end pioneer system or dvd video source. So I should be able to change disc, tracks etc, and everything eles would be the headunit also

pics?

no, it is NOT useful for anything but ghetto rat rice garbage.

I was on cardomain looking because in my last post I said "I saw one on cardomain a few years back" hence its probably still on cardomain. I wanted to show everyone how ugly it looks, but also how hard it would be to view and use