Eunos 500

mts

Eunos 500

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Eunos 500 was a luxury car from Mazda's Eunos marque. Sold only from 1992 through 1999, the Eunos 500 exported as the Xedos 6 and used the Mazda C platform. The same vehicle would have perhaps been exported to the United States as the Amati 300 if the Amati marque had been launched. The vehicle was renamed Mazda Lantis after the demise of the Eunos brand and being slightly refreshed.

Engines:

• 1.8 L FP-DE DOHC I4
  • 1.8 L K8-ZE DOHC V6
  • 2.0 L KF-ZE DOHC V6

In Australia it merely changed from Eunos 500 to Mazda Eunos 500. The only engine option was the 2.0 V6. Initially it was only available with the 4 speed, but a manual was later added. The only real option was leather and nothing was substantially changed in its lifetime to my knowledge.

Definitely a classy alternative to a 4 cylinder German car. At the time of the 500's launch, a base model BMW 318i had unpainted bumpers, manual windows and non-alloy wheels!

Bear in mind there is a tremendous performance difference (we are talking maybe 2-3 seconds 0-100 km/h) between the auto and manual models. Also the manual transmission is a more reliable thing. Would be well worth finding...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yess indeed..............reapairing a Xedos is ExXxXxTREMELY expensive here (BENELUX)............we don't have parts for it..............germans got..............but I aint going whole the way to germany for some car parts......lloll. Its way too far.

Xedos is nice, but like I said ExXxXXXxXxtremely expensive!!!

• 2 months later...

My brother had several lantis 1.8 (maybe 4-5). I didnt know it has close relationship to eunos 500. It is away from being a luxury car, more like a celica. But it has projector headllights! It was fun to revv it..

My brother had several lantis 1.8 (maybe 4-5) before 626, 6, 3 and finally xedos9. I didnt know it has close relationship to eunos 500. It is away from being a luxury car, more like a celica. But it has projector headllights! It was fun to revv it..