What I did today

///BHRpowered

Hardrain storm = hardcore off-roading.

First off about 10 minutes in the most diabolic rock I have ever seen went into my tire 2 inchs, even sliced the belts. see the pictures for a comparsion between teh rock and an axe.

Then using a jack in the mud was fun, especially when we go the wheel off, and suddenly the jack started to slip to one side, bending my frame rail, and having the car start to slip backwards and nearly fall off the jack onto the rotor. So 2 people holding it forward while anotehr tried to repostion it

Finally get it on and the day is going good, spent about 4 hours out...found a sweet mud hole, went through about 2 feet deep.

then shit breaks lose. Heading through the woods, very tight on each side, dodge turbodiesal which is already like 8 inches higher then my car, goes through what looks like a small puddle...hell no, it sink in nearly 4 feet, it was like a damn sink hole pond. So I stop, I was inbetween ruts and not planning on sinking in, while, car slipped in. I had to reverse, and the worse sound in the world is what you think to be the tc skid binding, when infact yours your front bumper pulling pulled off.

Yet, bumper got pulled off and flipped around, was only being held on by the center screws by the grill.

Got it back on, no paint damage, the plastic flexs nicely, But I'm going to need new push pin clips...and fog lights. on 1 side just the harness was hanging down with no bulb, ripped clean. On the other side the harness was hanging down under the car, and the light still attached. I have a fun sunday ahead of me.

about 20 minutes later after I stopped cursing and flipping the fuck out as my blood pressure nearly popped my viens, I had to tow the dodge out.

I did fix the bumper, but you can clearly see where its not attached any more.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was freaked the fuck out when I saw the bumper. it had bend back and upwards, almost inverted itself from the design, but the screwed by the grill held it on. lucky since its thin flexible plastic it jsut popped back. after researching it, its only a 10 minute removal/install. grill is connected to it, don't even have to remove headlights. From now on I'll just remove the bumper nad put my brush guard on. I'm DAMN FUCKING GLAD I took that off and put tow hooks on

...new tires...

ok, the bumper cover is held on by clips on the bottom, 2 bolts on each side ni the wheel well, and then 7 screws under the grill. all teh clips broke and the bolts ripped out of the plastic, but by the grill the screws had, but the mud pulled it back and flipped it sorta inward, so I had to carefully pop it back, then pull it up. I seemed to have cracked the paint on 1 side, but not much

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...