Were All Xedos 9's Standard With A Keyless Remote Thing?

Xerxes

Where behind the rearseat would that module be exactly? Do I have to remove like the back of the seat?

I don't completely understand your image. More precise point 2. Remove the rearseat back (refer to 09-13 rear seat removalinstallation).

yes, remove the rear seatback. it should be bolted on either side, kind of a bigger box. i'll go out to my car and see if I can see it from thru the trunk in a few minutes

I posted a thread on this 4 years ago.....

start here: http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php...&hl=keyless

The keyless module is located on the back of the rear seat on the left side pillar(when looking in from the trunk).

Here are a couple of pics in the mean time....

[attachmentid=898]

Those are the relays. The black one is for non-keyless vehicles. The green is for the keyless. The other relay is used for the trunk and Shifter lock (there are two of them).

[attachmentid=899]

This is the green and small black relays in their location attached behind the passenger side rear seat of my 97 milly....(w/o Bose).

[attachmentid=900]

This is the kelyess module attached to the support behind the drivers side back seat on my 97 milly.

Thanks Frank; but I cant see the pictures you mention.

I see them in the thread you linked though.

Still not completely clear to me if I am to remove the complete backseat to see that control unit as in unscrew the backseat and get it out. Or just to remove the padding on the back where I saw those cables.

Besides that does anyone know what that loose antenna cable is doing on the left side of the trunk behind the padding? My electric antenna is on the right of the car?!

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated :)

I'm gonna pour me a *Reference banned from MW* and then it's off to bed for me for some hours. I will dive into the trunk this afternoon when I wake up and see if I can find those relays and the control thing.

I will keep you posted :)

=edit=

lol, beeer is a banned word here? Well I'm gonna pour me one anyways, cheers :D

Just finished reading the thread you referred to.

My bet would be that the loose antenna cable should either be connected to the control module, or to the aftermarket flat antenna you mention in that thread?

Well since that cable is sitting there just loose I'm thinking I dont have that control module, but yesterday I didn't know what to look for exactly and now I do. Plus rememder, I can't hear no chime when I try to go into program mode.

So my bet would be I need both the remote and the module; but I'll check this afternoon just to maken sure :)

The control module has a harness and an antenna wire connected to it. It is attached to the pillar behind the back seat on the left side. You only need to move the carpet fiber cover on the back of the seat from the trunk to get to it (the 3rd pic). the relays are located on the right pillar with the others. My guess is that you have a black one and not the green one. You will also need an additional relay for the trunk release.

My 97 base was a mutant and didn't have the loose antenna cable so I used my own flat one.

Didn't had any time yesterday to check.

Will do that this afternoon and post here what it looks like behind that carpet in my car.

I don't think I saw that module and I can't remember seeing any green relay plus I have a loose antenna cable.

I didn't find the cable to transfer the photo's taken with my cellphone to my computer, so I'm gonna make some new ones this afternoon with my camera and post them here.

Okay, got some pictures today.

Please let me know what you guys make of it.

IPB Image

Left hand site.

1. a loose antenna cable

2. presumably where the control module would be???

IPB Image

Left hand site.

Circled where thos relays should be.

IPB Image

Close up of the relays. So I have the black one it seems.

If I understand correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong!) I don't have the control module and I have a black relay which means my trunk wouldn't open even if I got the control module and a remote?

Anyways, how to get my car to work with a remote?

What control module would I need, where do I get one, will I be able to purchase a model 96+ with a cheap remote? Should I buy a model 95 module with a expensive remote?

All help is welcome cause I want my car to open with a remote and not with the stupid keys :)

Thanks in advance :)

Last pic first: The black control module is for the door locks. The black one DOES NOT support keyless entry. You need the green one. The two H300 relays are need (one for the doors, the other for the shifter lock). The blue harness there on the left needs to be plugged in to a 3rd H300 and can be mounted on one of the tabs to the right of the H300 with the green harness. This 3rd H300 will allow the keyless to open the trunk.

IPB Image

You have the black 'BC 1E', you need the green 'BC 1D' and an extra H300 like in the pic.

IPB Image

Here's mine swapped out for the green one.

The first pic: circle #2 is where the wireless control module (brain) goes. It can mount to either of the square nuts wielded to the bracket. IIRC, the antenna wire connection looks too big for the control module in the US. The ones here use the smaller antenna connection (non-screw on type). This type of connection in the US is typically for CB radios and such.

The yellow label on the control module has the frequency for the keyless. There is a difference in frequencies between the earlier and later modules.

IPB Image

Here's the module mounted to the support bracket. Notice the yellow label.

I should still have a kit here (module, relays, etc) for it I could sell. But I'll have to look for it. I may even have an extra remote around here.

Does LordBHR approve of this post?

Thanks for the info Frankzao!

So I need a green relay, an extra H300 relay that goes on the blue harnas.

Also I need a control unit and I should have an antenna cable to plug it in without a screw-on mechanism on it.

Could it be the case that in Europe that screw-on thing was used? If so, I can simply cut it of and mount a normal antenna plug I guess?

The antenna for my radio is on the right side of the car.

I saw you said something about a yellow wire that would go to the control unit, but I can't see that wire in the pictures.

Anyway, if you happen to have the whole shabam laying around somewhere I'm very interested.

Please let me know what you have laying around and how much you would want for it.

Greetz,

Xerxes

Sorry, I have not had the time to look. I found the key fob. Just need to look for everything else.

Sorry, I have not had the time to look. I found the key fob. Just need to look for everything else.

Suppose you find everything else, how much $$$ do you ask for it and are you willing to ship it to The Netherlands? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought of a junkyard in the neighbourhood. They are specialized in Japanese cars. I once bought a spare 2.5L V6 engine there for my Mazda 626 Xerxes after that one was FUBAR-ed.

Maybe I could give them a call.

Sure they will have some of the parts I need I guess.

Probably also cheaper for me to buy them here rather than you buy them and ship them over to the Netherlands.

Thanks for the offer though, but I wait for Frank for some more and otherwise I'll go and check if I can score them here.

If I am unable to find them or don't hear from Frank anymore I will let you know if that's ok with you?

• 2 months later...

found the relay......to be honest, ebay has them all over.....

If you are still interested I'll look and find the last part in the next couple weeks.....

What a coincidence. Yesterday I opened this topic to see if you had replied :)

Also I send an email to a local junkyard specialized in Japanese carparts with my story and what i would need.

He only had 1 relay for me and that would set me back 40 euro's, so I didnt reply to that yesterday.

So yeah, I'm still interested to see if you can find all the parts I would need and if you are willing to ship them over to The Netherlands!

Best regards,

Xerxes

• 1 month later...