20 replies to this topic

#1 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

From the tutorial:

"The other option in cleaning carpet and fabric is to use cleaning foam. These products are effective and will leave your carpet clean, but unfortunately are not quite as powerful as a good shampoo. Two positives is that they are easier to use and quicker. It is a simple process."

My question is: Meguiars make no such product, so what foam is recommended? It seems the only convenient way to truly clean the carpets and eliminate all odors. Any other discussion on this topic is welcomed.

Mazdaworld Federation - Special OPs Unit
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice

#2 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

Keep the sunroof open in a hard rain. I did it, it cleaned center console and the carpet around..

2001 Mazda Millenia S, Brilliant Black, 140k miles
QUOTE(Xedosman @ Apr 4 2009, 01:38 PM) View Post
I wouldn't want to discuss car design with females and people with rear spoilers unless the spoiler is stock.

QUOTE(///BHRpowered @ Jul 20 2011, 04:07 PM) View Post
I like my idea.

#3 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:10 AM

I don't have a sunroof, but I did find a product today which will hopefully do the job. It's a foaming carpet cleaner, albeit Armor All brand.

I will post back with results when I have a chance to try it... though in honesty the worst problem seems to be that some areas of carpet are basically impossible to reach with the vacuum cleaner.
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice

#4 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:43 AM

Hire a carpet cleaning machine for household use. I did it in my previous car after an overnight downpoor through the sunroof left open, not by me mad0214.gif

Anyway I had to remove the entire interior to dry it up, and did said cleaning. It was like new. In the Xedos I did it without removing the interior, and it works fine too. You will reach all areas likely to be filthy. It soaks the carpet in water during the process, but it lets no water through because it has a plastic layer in the bottom. Just be careful around the throttle pedal and the areas under the front seats and it is no problem. Let the car dry out a couple of days without any other carpets in there and all traces of water is gone. Put a newspaper under your feet while driving if necessary. Of course, if you have fabric doormats like the stock ones you'll want to clean them too.

The point is; the cleaning fluid is not soapbased, and leaves no deposits for dirt and smell to build up in later like soap will do. It will not affect color either. Any cleaning foam I have tried is useless compared to this method.
The engineers hoped to modify the boot lid in order to minimize wind resistance.The easiest method involved attaching
a rear spoiler, though that would detract from the vehicle's lines.
Alternatively, the lip of the lid could be enlarged, though that would require significant more work. Naturally, the team chose the second approach, and set to work in a wind tunnel lab in Miyoshi. A while later, they emerged with the hoped-for design, which was both aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing...

2000 Xedos 9 2,5. Stock features: push-a-button retract mirrors, 1500 kg towing capasity, tranny cooler, rear swaybar, pollen filter, roof rack mounts.

Ported heads, knifeedged IM, dropin K&N with wheelwell airduct.

IPB Image

#5 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hmmm, well now that you mention it, a friend is soon to sell a car and will want a full detailing, so maybe we should both chip in and hire such a unit. I've never used one but it sounds like a good idea.

Cheers for the tips.
'07 Holden Caprice

#6 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:02 AM

Here you can borrow the machine for free once you buy the cleaning fluid. Usually shops selling paint have them. I guess you might have some in the house needing a treatment too... You'll be amazed how much dirt it digs up trust me.

I used a Rainbow machine, it is a vacuum cleaner with wet carpet cleaning feature. Filters the air through water, and is good for people with asthma. Same result as the pro machines. Correct fluid is of course crucial.
The engineers hoped to modify the boot lid in order to minimize wind resistance.The easiest method involved attaching
Alternatively, the lip of the lid could be enlarged, though that would require significant more work. Naturally, the team chose the second approach, and set to work in a wind tunnel lab in Miyoshi. A while later, they emerged with the hoped-for design, which was both aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing...

2000 Xedos 9 2,5. Stock features: push-a-button retract mirrors, 1500 kg towing capasity, tranny cooler, rear swaybar, pollen filter, roof rack mounts.

IPB Image

#7 The Only MTS

The Only MTS

Evil Supremely Supercharged

• Staff
  • 43,320 posts
  • Interests:my milly, and mountain biking.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:33 AM

Rainbows are the best vacuum on the market.
Mazdaworld Federation - Enforcer
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
Sadly sold to another.... but I am still the same prick.

QUOTE(Saint @ Oct 14 2008, 12:26 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Frankzao @ Oct 13 2008, 09:06 PM) View Post

BHR has not learned that driving a milly can also be fun........he still thinks it can't tow, remember?

Tow? He thinks it is made of sugar and melts in the rain :)

#8 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

Some recemblance to a centrifuge, huh? wink.gif

IPB Image

#9 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

meow baby... >^,,^<

• Supporters
  • 64,860 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(The Only MTS @ Aug 23 2007, 08:33 AM) View Post
Rainbows are the best vacuum on the market.

as long as you don't tip the canister over by backing into it...

If problems are perceived by men, and men inevitably die, then there is no such thing as a problem. ~ Troutman

#10 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

If Latino also recommends Rainbow brand then it will be a sealed deal.
'07 Holden Caprice

#11 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

meow baby... >^,,^<

• Supporters
  • 64,860 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

bah hahahahahahaha
If problems are perceived by men, and men inevitably die, then there is no such thing as a problem. ~ Troutman

#12 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

I still must get onto this.

IPB Image
'07 Holden Caprice

#13 ///BHRpowered

///BHRpowered

Renegade Super Villain

• Forefathers
  • 92,128 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

Actually I have taken a different approach to my carpet cleaning.

there is a hand vacuum that is sold in the pet market designed for "accidents" basically its a mini-home steam and shampoo cleaner. shampoos hot water, scrubs, then sucks up.

if it can clean up shit, it can clean a few specs of dust on my carpet. Make sure to let the carpets dry of course, you on't want mildrew or anything
Mazdaworld Federation - General/"Underboss"

2000 Millenia S...It's a car with stuff in it
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee...4.7, Limited, Quadra-Drive, Loaded.
2005 Audi S4...V8, 6spd, miltek
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee...5.7 Hemi, Overland, '14 LED headlights coming soon
2005 ZX-6rr...Muzzy, power commander 3, bixenons
1987 GPZ500...Vance Hines, full led, bixenons
2013 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder...possible twin turbo?
"You have entered, BHR's world. Proceed at your own risk" - MCfrank/zaocaddy
"BHR is more correct than you could imagine." - Troutman
"I guess we all proved BHR right.....again....." - Frankzao
QUOTE(SKI @ Apr 27 2006, 01:26 AM) View Post

First of all, we are smart enough to know that BHR doesn't really exist, he is an illusion in all our minds....

"The perfect weapon for terrorising Veyrons!"

#14 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

I would be interested in the name of this product.
'07 Holden Caprice

#15 ///BHRpowered

///BHRpowered

Renegade Super Villain

• Forefathers
  • 92,128 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

I will have to check for the exact maker, but there quite common in most grocery stores

First of all, we are smart enough to know that BHR doesn't really exist, he is an illusion in all our minds....

#16 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

Damn, in Australia grocery stores only sell groceries not shampoo vacuum cleaners.. sad.gif

One thing though, if it's designed for poop it might have harsh chemicals?
'07 Holden Caprice

#17 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

meow baby... >^,,^<

• Supporters
  • 64,860 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Resolve carpet cleaner does an excellent job.

You can get it in foam or spray.

My Kirby has a shampoo attachment for furniture that works well in automobiles, but it is bulky and I just don't like to fool with it.

Resolve works just as well and is much easier to handle.

#18 ///BHRpowered

///BHRpowered

Renegade Super Villain

• Forefathers
  • 92,128 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

generally I distain them, one of my pet peeves, maybe even a phobia.

of course now they've changed everything around so I can't find shit yet again, took me 20 minutes to find punch

#19 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

meow baby... >^,,^<

• Supporters
  • 64,860 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

poor BHR.

#20 SirMakesALot

SirMakesALot

Officer of the Federation

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,449 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

i suggest carpet cleaner
Mazdaworld Federation - Captain