Another Creaking Noise...

I've got a loud creaking noise coming from my front left wheel area while driving. It doesn't always happen going over bumps but it seems more random while driving...

Both the front struts have about 5k miles on them and I had a ball joint replaced on the front left.

I took a short vid in my garage showing the noise when I push down from the fender:

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/a...nt=VID00013.flv

any ideas what might be causing the problem?

I had that exact same problem the other night, same wheel and everything. It was dark out when I heard it so I planned on checking it out the next day, but it went away and has not come back. I felt the vibration of the noise in the upper leading link (the only link I could reach easily), but it very easily could have traveled from some other part. If it is the ULL, it is a cheap and easy repair.

Thank you.

Do you have an idea how much the part costs and do I need any special tools to do the repair myself?

That was not a diagnosis at all, don't just replace that part unless you can actually confirm it is bad. It was dark at night when it happened and I tried to see if anything stood out as obviously wrong. The upper lateral link is the easiest suspension part to reach with the wheel on. I only checked for play, which there was none, and kept my hand on it and bounced the wheel a little. When I did that, I noticed that the vibration from the creaking could be felt there, it may have been able to be felt in every other part too but I didn't feel like checking at the time. If it happens again I will look more in depth and see if I can find anything else out.

Oh yeah I understood that. I was planning on having it checked with my mechanic soon.

I'd just rather try to save some money with repairs and do whatever I can myself since chances are I won't be driving the millenia in a few more months since I'm heading off to college :(

Oh yeah I understood that. I was planning on having it checked with my mechanic soon.

I'd just rather try to save some money with repairs and do whatever I can myself since chances are I won't be driving the millenia in a few more months since I'm heading off to college :(

If you find out that the upper lateral link does need replacing or if it ever does at some point, it is ridiculously easy. About a 15 minute job, most of which is jacking up the car and removing the wheel, then just remove 3 bolts and knock it out. The price is $51 + shipping from Tasca, but doesn't come with a castle nut, so another $4 at a hardware store for the nut and cotter pin.

See if you can try to get a better idea of where the sound is coming from exactly. If you find evidence that it is the upper leading link, you can be 100% sure if you swap the driver and passenger side links, they are exactly the same. I would at least check around a little before taking it to a mechanic.