Visteon Hd Zoom

dwmcqueen

They are - and frankly I got a deal on this and plan to use it for my CarPC project (since it tunes analog and digital), but this Visteon is the other tuner you need. Comes with tuner box that has RCA out, and needs an additional power connection...

Check out my post at mp3car...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-y...nd-youtube.html

I've got one integrated into my milly carpc..specs , schemetics and pics included..

BTW hi everyone, been lurking for a while, love the site...

Yeah, PCPETE - you are in the inspiration for mine ;)

I do have questions about unrelated stuff to the HD Visteon, though. But for now, I thought I'd just try to install the Visteon on the stock radio, just to test out HD Radio....

Ask away, any time....

Regarding hooking up your visteon, the stock radio (at least mine 2000S) does not have aux in, you would have to feed the audio with a cassete adaptor or fm transmiter....

I can say though that it works fine with the rear window antenna, about 90% as good reception as the stock radio.....

:shifty:

I'm one of the only people I'v seen to have the factory changer, I'll have to double check the HU, but it wasn't a matter of an input, its part of the main wiring harness, no seperate connections like on most units.

I have seen the wiring for it in many other millenia's though, seems to be a plug and go kind of deal

I'm one of the only people I'v seen to have the factory changer, I'll have to double check the HU, but it wasn't a matter of an input, its part of the main wiring harness, no seperate connections like on most units.

I have seen the wiring for it in many other millenia's though, seems to be a plug and go kind of deal

It connects with an 8-pin harness with right channel, left channel, and audio ground. They can be connected directly to female RCA connectors for aux in.

Hmmm...just wire them up to RCA female inputs?

Yes, it's actually very simple. Female RCA plugs can be bought at RadioShack for $3, Rch and Lch go to the center of two of them and the common audio ground goes to both outer contacts. You can also throw male RCA's on the CD changer audio wires so you can swap between AUX and CD by moving two plugs.

This sounds like a useful mod in general. Easy to identify in the LH and RH from the connector?

It wasn't hard too figure out on my own, but I found the pin-out diagram for the headunit (95-96 Bose) later. The CD changer pins are also the same for at least one other year's headunit but I don't know which one it is. I think that every year with an external CD changer shares the same harness but I don't know for sure. I can upload the diagram if you would like it.

You can actually use the same diagram to swap Bose amps for aftermarket amps. The stock headunit also has 5 channels (and maybe 6 for years with a sub) of un-amplified outputs that can easily be wired to RCA's.

Yea, its not too bad. It is very easy on the CD changer end, the three audio wires are together and follow standard color coding, like Red/White/Black if I remember right. Then you can just see what wire colors they correspond to on the main harness and it will be the same coloring between the trunk and the back of the headunit.

You're not the only one... cmon!

I've got a Bose 6 CD changer HU (not a remote changer in the trunk) with 9 BOSE speakers (where are they? I don't know!)... Factory!

Anyways, if you want to play with the wirings there is probably a way to hack in the lower module connector.