Various Led Lights

Did you do the mod?

I have the 95, so it's already wired to come on with the doors. That's how I would try to do it though. I think it wouldn't be too hard to run the wires under the trim and around to the dome light. The hardest part I think would be getting the dome light popped out. I tried but not too hard since there was no reason for me to remove it.

Matt I wouldnt deal with dome light if I do it. Do they work with dome light or door lights in stock? Do they fade? I would connect them to doors, should be easier.

In the stock set up they mimic the dome light. I think you are right that the door light operation would be easier, I would try to intercept the wire before it goes into the door though to avoid having to deal with the molex connector and rubber tubing between the door and body. It should be behind the B-Pillar somewhere.

I would like mine to do the same. I would like them to come on when the door is opened. Then fade out as I put in the key and the steering wheel comes down. I think that's how a luxury car should be.

I just checked my 95 and the rear lights don't light up as the front dome does when I open the door

O:

That is strange, the rear lights work otherwise? I have confirmed that my rear lights do exactly what the dome light does when I move the switch/open doors and there are no evidence that any rewiring was done.