Various Led Lights

I know this is probably covered elsewhere but I could not find what I needed information-wise.

I'm interested in changing various lights in my millenia. I have a 2002.

The ones I want to change to LEDs are the license plate lights in the back, and the dome lights in the front by the sunroof switch and the 4 door lights. ALSO, I would like to change the parking lights in my headlights not the ones behind the amber lenses, but the two "dot" looking ones on the very top of the headlight in the middle. ALSO my Lock and Unlock buttons on the passenger door no longer illuminate. The lock and unlock button on the driver's door still works but I'd like to change both at the same time so they will be the same age. I know LED's last longer than regular bulbs.

I like the look of the back of the Lexus IS ES GS and LS around the license plate, it just lights the area up so much better. Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for your help.

yeah because one night i noticed the passenger side was a lot brighter than the driverside and the next night when i crunk up the car they didn't come on cause it had burned out.

I advise you to stay clear of ebay garbage bulbs, LED's may last longer, but in cars aftermarket LED's fail more often then halogen bulbs.

www.superlumination.com

My unlock and lock do not light up, so I'm not sure what bulb it is, hwoever your others mentioned are 194 and festoon dome.

I recommend the 5-led matrix bulb for the license plate and front marker lights, Everything you have mentioned is a pretty easy swap.

LEDs have other advantages like low power draw so warm white may still be desirable. My personal preference is for warm white inside, cold white outside (parkers, licence place). In my 800M the lock/unlock thing was replaced with a red 194 5-LED bulb from memory.

BHR is right about them not necessarily lasting very long, it all depends on the car.

I might just do a few basic LED mods like licence place when I have my Holden.

hmm, I think someone made a guide for that at one point

but why? why the hell does everyone want all this light - light belongs outside the car, why blind yourself and have a spotlight on you whenever you get in.

On my millenia I have the stock halogens bulbs which ONLY come on with the doors, more then enough light - In the trunk I have a bright blue light which works great, and in the Jeep I have all red - much dimmer then the stock bulbs but lights everything very well.

hmm, I think someone made a guide for that at one point

but why? why the hell does everyone want all this light - light belongs outside the car, why blind yourself and have a spotlight on you whenever you get in.

On my millenia I have the stock halogens bulbs which ONLY come on with the doors, more then enough light - In the trunk I have a bright blue light which works great, and in the Jeep I have all red - much dimmer then the stock bulbs but lights everything very well.

Having a lot of light in the car feels more luxurious. If you notice cheaper cars usually have a single dome light in the center of the car. In the Millenia there is light everywhere, even the back seats have their own map lights. When the door opens everything lights up without creating dark shadows anywhere, that is great attention to detail.

Saint, to get the map lights to light up with the doors you should be able to just run some wires from another light that does. It shouldn't matter if you wire in series or parallel. The current draw is so small you won't need to worry about relays or anything.

umm no, I really really disagree, having more light is not a luxury feature, extra lights when needed, like the millenia's rear map lights - those are great.

but the flood of light is a big no no, I don't want ANY dome light, just the light in the doors, test it out for yourself, plenty of light and much more upscale lounge type look

I thought about this too... you need to wire the front center light to the 2 rear map light. So it can light up the same way the center dome does.

For the dome we have to pull down the roof!

I have never really looked into it too much since mine already do come on, but I know that the molding around the doors can be pulled away and it might be possible to run wires around the edge of the roof and just have to run through the few inches between the dome light cutout/the windshield and the map light cutout/edge of door. I can take a look at it later and see if it is actually possible. My radar detector is mounted on the top of the windshield and the wires run around the edge down under the drivers side foot area, and no wires are visible anywhere.

I think this was said before, but my Eunie had the rear map lights come on with the dome lights by default. And that's how it is in Australian made cars too...

I'm not sure if it had a different switch or what not.

I think its the same in 95-96 milly.

I thought about this too... you need to wire the front center light to the 2 rear map light. So it can light up the same way the center dome does.

For the dome we have to pull down the roof!

I have never really looked into it too much since mine already do come on, but I know that the molding around the doors can be pulled away and it might be possible to run wires around the edge of the roof and just have to run through the few inches between the dome light cutout/the windshield and the map light cutout/edge of door. I can take a look at it later and see if it is actually possible. My radar detector is mounted on the top of the windshield and the wires run around the edge down under the drivers side foot area, and no wires are visible anywhere.

I would prefer them to turn on with the doors. We have to drive wires from the b-pillar I suppose, which is easier.