Tensioner

Ok, maybe I'm being stupid, but please tell me this is the SC/PS tensioner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

it doesn't look like it says >>LIFT like the generator tensioner. Mine ate the SC/PS tensioner, I could hear the bearing chatter and see the pulley shaking side to side (like the gen tensioner did when it died). Car still ran but I've parked it for now cuz I don't want the embarrassment of a dead 800 somewhere. How hard is that bitch to remove? I was looking at the serpentine changing guide... :poopfan:

If the pulley is good you can just change the bearings for both tensioners. They are below $10. I had the mech did when changing the timing belt. I can find the napa part number if you cant..

I couldnt remove the serpentine belt myself. Its not easy (for me). If you can remove it I dont think changing the bearing is hard.

REALLY........ yes, the part number would be glorious. the gen tensioner actually broke, it was grindy and i could move the tensioner along its full range of motion easily with my hand. i dont know about the strength of the rear one but it looks to be just a pulley issue bc i see it wavering \ / \ / \ / like that

REALLY........ yes, the part number would be glorious. the gen tensioner actually broke, it was grindy and i could move the tensioner along its full range of motion easily with my hand. i dont know about the strength of the rear one but it looks to be just a pulley issue bc i see it wavering \ / \ / \ / like that

Napa #6203-2RSJ . You need two for two tensioners. My old ones move with friction at 135k miles. New ones move much smoother.