Cv Axles

WHere are people gettying replacement CV axles these days? I know Raxles doesn't make them anymore (at least not for my 2002 2.5), and weery of the auto chain store brands. I do have a Master Pro Select (O'Reilly's better store brand) on my passenger side (although it was put in at a local shop that claims the one I provided was too short so they replaced it with another one), but it seems to have a habit of falling out.

My driver's one is a Raxles and is clicking (torn boot) and looking forward to a weekend of replacement, but wasn't quite sure where to go buy one.

WHere are people gettying replacement CV axles these days? I know Raxles doesn't make them anymore (at least not for my 2002 2.5), and weery of the auto chain store brands. I do have a Master Pro Select (O'Reilly's better store brand) on my passenger side (although it was put in at a local shop that claims the one I provided was too short so they replaced it with another one), but it seems to have a habit of falling out.

My driver's one is a Raxles and is clicking (torn boot) and looking forward to a weekend of replacement, but wasn't quite sure where to go buy one.

I just get whatever is cheap on Rockauto. CV axles don't last long on these cars, regardless of what brand you buy. So might as well just get the cheap ones and plan on just swapping them out every few years.

If the one on your passenger side is falling out, it sounds like it wasn't pushed in all the way until the c-clip "clicked" in place. You have to really jam it in until it clicks, then try and pull it back out to verify it is clicked in good. If it slides out, then you didn't do it right. Keep on jamming until it is clicked in. Driving around like that with a CV axles that slides out is not safe.

Passenger one was put on by a local shop. Both times it has popped out (coincidentally after they did some suspension related work), they towed and repaired for free. I think it is okay now.

Needlesstosay, I am trying to replace the driver's side on my own. The Raxle one would be fine, if the boot didn't tear.

I just get whatever is cheap on Rockauto. CV axles don't last long on these cars, regardless of what brand you buy. So might as well just get the cheap ones and plan on just swapping them out every few years.

If the one on your passenger side is falling out, it sounds like it wasn't pushed in all the way until the c-clip "clicked" in place. You have to really jam it in until it clicks, then try and pull it back out to verify it is clicked in good. If it slides out, then you didn't do it right. Keep on jamming until it is clicked in. Driving around like that with a CV axles that slides out is not safe.