Knock Sensor

So I just replaced my distributor about a week ago due to my crankshaft sensor failing and now my knock sensor has also gone. I know this is a common occurrence in the 97 2.5's but I replaced it about 40,000 miles ago. It wasnt too bad to replace due to the excellent write up on here but I dont have any time to replace it and have to go back to school tomorrow where I have no access to a garage!! Is it alright to drive with it for a while, I dont put on many miles.. I know I will have a rough idle but is there any other damage that could be caused?

Well the knock sensor pretty much tells the ECU how many degrees to advance the timing for better performance and efficiency, so thats all youll be expiriencing. Might want to use premium if you dont already to prevent your engine from knocking while the signal from that sensor isnt there.

Alright thanks a lot guys, I figured it is alright but just wanted to make sure!

I heard it could mess up your pistons and/or your piston rings? My sensor is gone 2. I dread 2 drive the car cuz of the noise and the performance. Gettin replaced in a few weeks. I tried fillin it up with 93 and fuel injector cleaner but still no luck. U should get it fixed when u can just 2 b safe and so your car can have power on take off and a steady idle.