Oil In Cac - Theories Welcome

BHR, if you abandoned your redicolous oilchange intervals and used your Millenia, you would realize it burns oil. During a more sensible 9k interval probably around 2 quarts. Abit more if charging hard. Ask MTS, he knows how to do it :shifty:

My 2,5 burns around 1,5 quarts during said interval. As it did with 70k miles less on the odo.

My 2.5 doesn't burn enough to be noticeable - about 90k on the odometer. And my oil has been (since I got the cart at 80k), dino Castrol, Quaker State Q Power, Valvoline Synpower, European Castrol 0w-30, and now Royal Purple.

Again, probably off topic, but according to RP - you see some burning the first few oil changes. According to them, it is 'cleaning' the engine, and you first change intervals should be shorter than normal. But really use any oil that works in your car - do an analysis if necessary to confirm.

my millenia does not burn oil, even when it was going 3k between changes it wasn't

As I said xedos, even when going to full distance it did NOT burn off, only an engine in poor condition, or sub standard oils should be burning off. It is POSSIBLE to go up to 10k on modern syn oils since they won't break down

but as I have said before this is murder for long term engines because the oil will still be getting dirty, so could argue you can just change the filter, but in reality you could stop being a cheap bastard gambling on how long you can go. Change the damn oil