Whiring Sound..need Help

I recently changed the head gaskets on my GF/Fiance's Milly S, first let me tell you how much of a head ache this was the vaccum lines were britle and broke with the slightest amount of pressure...i had friends who werent mechanics help me out and break sensors and unplug stuff and not lable them...it was a nightmare.

i eventually got all of it done with little to no help...put the motor together traced the vaccume lines back to there sources and cranked her up.......and immediatly i hear a whirring noise...its RPM dependent and its coming from right above the starter.

Thats a video of the sound below

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww61/Ni...03-16-32-26.flv

so pretty much im asking for help....if anyone knows or has had this happen to them and have fixed the issue plz tell me how you did it.. Im about 2 days away from sending the car out to get fixed at a shop because i cant do it

1. Girlfriend is the problem, not the car

2. Millenia's are a rare beauty, mine has never had a problem

3. wow...I'v never heard that sound come from a millenia before.

Vacuum lines are the biggest pain in the miller-cycle, I highly advise each one be color coded to make sure there put back into place, what you have sounds more like an oil problem, or possible valves misalineed - neither is good. It's hard to tell, but it seems to be coming from from under the airbox, so you can rule out pulleys. Its POSSIBLE, though unlikely that the s/c shaft had just slightly damaged if mishandled. The are it seems to be coming from only has some intercooler piping and the transmission, and I doubt its the tranny. How does the car drive? any loss of power? does it go away when it heats up? how is oil level etc?

I wish I had a better answer for you, but in 9 years of owning the most beautiful millenia in the world and cruising the forums I'v never heard that sound.

1. Girlfriend is the problem, not the car

2. Millenia's are a rare beauty, mine has never had a problem

3. wow...I'v never heard that sound come from a millenia before.

Vacuum lines are the biggest pain in the miller-cycle, I highly advise each one be color coded to make sure there put back into place, what you have sounds more like an oil problem, or possible valves misalineed - neither is good. It's hard to tell, but it seems to be coming from from under the airbox, so you can rule out pulleys. Its POSSIBLE, though unlikely that the s/c shaft had just slightly damaged if mishandled. The are it seems to be coming from only has some intercooler piping and the transmission, and I doubt its the tranny. How does the car drive? any loss of power? does it go away when it heats up? how is oil level etc?

I wish I had a better answer for you, but in 9 years of owning the most beautiful millenia in the world and cruising the forums I'v never heard that sound.

LOl at the first answer

it is coming from under the air box...right near the starter...i was leaning towards the timing but im not sure...im going to buy a timing light and check the time because i get the strongest gas auroma when she's running...as for driving, she wont go over 1500 rpm's and i wont try to force for vear that its the valves.....im about to start looking for a new motor because this one is near 200,000 miles.

it almost sounds like a bad flutter valve, but since its not a turbo charged audi I guess not. Its possible when you removed everything one of the timing pulleys got moved a bit and the whole engine is off. Do you have a CEL, flashing or otherwise? There is a protection mode in the ecu that will limit power and speed, but will throw a cel and never make that noise