Tune-up Done

The millenia has been struggling lately. It was idling rough and then when it was time to hit the gas it would barely even go. Then one morning while in Chick-fil-a drive through, it shut off on me 3 times. I knew something was wrong but I didn't do anything about it until that evening when it shut off on me in traffic. When I crunk it back up, and floored it so it wouldn't stall again, it would jump like 5 times and then when it got in 2nd gear it would drive okay. Well to make a long story short, I took it to the shop. I took it to University Imports because I didn't want to take it to the mazda dealer. University Import's mazda tech was out sick. I took it to another shop. After a $1000 estimate I had it fixed. All the problems included: spark plugs and wires, valve cover gasket replacements, head gasket(s), air intake problems, the snorkel I guess is what they called it, it's the big hose on the right side of the 2.5 engine, knock sensors. ANYWAY, it stayed at the shop on Thursday and promised it to me on Friday afternoon because I was going home for the weekend, ended up on Friday afternoon at 4 told me that I needed a mazda only part and none of the part places around here had it. So it had to wait to be fixed until the following week. I picked it up the following Thursday and drove it home Friday, washed it detailed the inside and moved it to the garage and to find out it's now leaking oil!!!!!! I took it back to them and they said they would fix it for me, but it's smoking too and smells HORRIBLE when I shut it off. Is it the oil leak, leaking on the manifold and causing the whitish smoke?

Also, after I got my car back from them on that Thursday pick up, my aftermarket xenon lights one night didn't fire up. After driving for a few minutes they automatically came on...then last night I was driving to pick up a pizza, drove there fine, picked up the pizza, then crunk back up and no lights, drove a little bit and after popping the hood while driving they came on. I think there might be a shortage but im having to drive with the brights and I'm worried since the xenon lights aren't on the ballasts are running and making the lights not fire up at all now. They absolutely will not come on now, I've tried popping the hood again like last night and nothing.....

Help! Thanks.

woah, thats pretty damn high, the gaskets may leak but that shouldn't cause it to run rough, plugs wires etc do yourself, as for the lights what brand are they? color temp?

If they leak again after they did it then they damn sure need to fix the issue. If these are ebay hid's that are 6k or above in color temp then its just rice garbage and there time to go. Having it in a shop being moved around would be more then enough. If there quality kits that cost atleast 200 and use proper 4300k bulbs then I would check relays

Yeah I'm pretty pissed. My kit is 5000K and purchased from Mobilehid.com so I don't know why its doing it. If I drive with the brights on is the gas running out of the xenons???

woah, thats pretty damn high, the gaskets may leak but that shouldn't cause it to run rough, plugs wires etc do yourself, as for the lights what brand are they? color temp?

If they leak again after they did it then they damn sure need to fix the issue. If these are ebay hid's that are 6k or above in color temp then its just rice garbage and there time to go. Having it in a shop being moved around would be more then enough. If there quality kits that cost atleast 200 and use proper 4300k bulbs then I would check relays

Does the gas run out in the xenon light bulb if they actually didn't light up? Because the lights are on but only my brights. Just because it's not a top of the line kit like yours doesn't mean it's not a good kit. I just don't know what's making it do it.

Yes, it does mean its not a good kit. It's not the gas leaking out, thats ricer talk. Xeon is just one gas used, ALL bulbs have some sort of inert gas in them to keep the filament from burning out, usually this is a mix of argon and xenon, despite what chinks will say its not the gas that gives it light "xenon" is just a slang term.

They go bad from the salts burning out, bad wiring, ballasts burning themselfs out, improper cooling, poor components, any number of things.

What do you mean only your brights are on? regular halogen bulbs right?

If you want to make sure pull out hte bulb and try to turn it on while still connected. If you see 3-7 strobe like flickers from the bulb it means its toast. If you get nothing then its usually ballasts